Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Previa 2006 Model - 7 To 8 Seat - Help

therealhyper

Hi.

I have a 2006 Toyota Previa - UK spec.

It has 7 seats which are very easily removable (clips).

Is it possible to convert the rear 2 seats to 3 seats, making the Previa a 8 seater ?

Any help or guidance highly appreciated, as I need the additional seat but due to increasing living costs can not afford to buy a large 8 seat van.

Thank you.

Try looking at the Toyota Estima Owners Club - may get more of an idea there: http://www.teoc.ws

One thing to consider would be any impact on insurance and certainly your insurance company would need to be informed of any modification involving the seating capacity.

Try looking at the Toyota Estima Owners Club - may get more of an idea there: http://www.teoc.ws

One thing to consider would be any impact on insurance and certainly your insurance company would need to be informed of any modification involving the seating capacity.

Hello, Thanks for this, will try that forum.

How much of an impact will it make with the insurance company? These come in an 8 seater anyway, same built/chasing etc

Other versions may come as an eight seater, but I would imagine that for insurance purposes yours may be classed as a seven seater, and if you're looking to increase the seating capacity, in the event of an accident, it is potentially another person who may be involved in a claim.

The insurance impact may vary from company to company - changing the seating capacity will probably count as a modification from standard spec for your vehicle. Some companies may just note the change, others may charge an additional premium, and others may not accept the change. So before you actually make the change, check with your insurer first.

Also check to see whether your V5 states whether it is a seven seater. If it does, DVLA will need to be informed of the change.

Hi,

If you need any assistance with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. We have a number of schemes that cater for multi seater vehicles and with vehicles that have additional seats fitted.

Regards,

Dan.

• 7 months later...

Hi.

I have a 2006 Toyota Previa - UK spec.

It has 7 seats which are very easily removable (clips).

Is it possible to convert the rear 2 seats to 3 seats, making the Previa a 8 seater ?

Any help or guidance highly appreciated, as I need the additional seat but due to increasing living costs can not afford to buy a large 8 seat van.

Thank you.

Possibly, however you will need to inform the insurance company as it would have been modified should you go ahead with this.