Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sorry, Tyres Again, But Maybe Good News...

PeteB

Makes you wonder... wheels are just about the easiest thing in the world to make optional, so why on earth don't they?

I said that in the now locked topic on the next Prius, but my dealer pointed out to me that Toyota seem to be listening at last, and that on the latest version of the Hybrid Yaris 15" wheels are a no cost option on the top trim Excel version - "15" Hybrid alloy wheels £0".

Further, in the main price list, it lists both versions with the same final price (£17,695), but showing:

Tyre size CO2 BIK tax
15" 75 5%
16" 82 11%
If I can have a well specified Gen 4 Prius with that option and the price isn't too ridiculous (and it has a spare wheel - even if optional extra) I may well be tempted,
  • Like 1

In the November 2014 Price List, Toyota now list spacesaver spare wheel kits for the Auris hatchback at £100, for the Auris Touring Sport at £125, and for the Verso at £125.

• Like 1

Someone from Toyota has been reading this forum eh? :)

But it is a result. £100 for a spare for those who prefer. Well done, though 10 years ago it would have been free :(

But it is a result. £100 for a spare for those who prefer. Well done, though 10 years ago it would have been free :(

10 years ago it was built into the selling price.

You could say it is a £100 saving for those who don't want a spare. ;)

Good news about having the option for normal tyres instead of low profile.

Hopefully this will be across the board on all Toyota models.

• Like 1

10 years ago it was built into the selling price.

You could say it is a £100 saving for those who don't want a spare. ;)

10 years ago the Prius came with 5 matching alloy wheels and tyres, which if you kept it a long time as I did with my last one (9 years) meant you weren't relying on a spare wheel which probably had partly perished rubber in it! (assuming you brought the spare into play every so often as I did - when I bought new tyres, the spare moved onto the car and one of the new ones went in the boot).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links