Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wing Mirror Glass Replacement

tyeardley

Hi, I need a replacement glass mirror for my 2003 Corolla 1.4 vvti 1.4 (3 door). I went to Halfords and according to their database I needed part number SR990, but this is the wrong shape and size completely?!? I've also tried Aceparts online and they sent me a similar part number SRG990, again nothing like the correct fit.

Has anyone any ideas of what the correct part number is and/or where to get one from?

I have tried my local Toyota garage but you need a mortgage to buy anything from there and they didn't have them in stock anyway...

Thanks in advance.

T

Try sending Parts King a personal message detailing your car and what you want. For Parts King go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsor's Corner and to Lindop Toyota.

This will be a genuine Toyota part, but you may get some discount.

Thanks. I've messaged Lindop and added this post to their forum too... fingers crossed.

My local Toyota garage offered to order the part in and wanted £35?!? for just the glass replacement which is 5x more than the previous one I bought. Crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've had no joy or response from Lindop I'm afriad.

Does anyone else have any ideas where I could find a replacement wing mirror glass to fit?

Thanks.

Bought an offside mirror glass of eBay some years ago when I first got my rolla, pages of them around; cannot remember exactly but it was under £10.

Beware though, some are standard glass only, some are to stick on top of the existing cracked glass, you really want one that replaces / clips into the old backplate

Also make sure they are glass ones, some are actually metalised plastic.

Also not sure why you have had such problems with getting the right size for yours ??

Would have thought its a standard part ?

This might suit ...?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Driver-Side-HEATED-WING-DOOR-MIRROR-GLASS-Toyota-Corolla-2000-2006-Clip-On-New-/111532314421?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19f7d80f35

Oldcodger is right. I got mine from eBay and it cost me about £7.99. Just put in toyota corolla wing mirror and what side. Should usually come up with pages of them.

Hi. Thanks for the replies.

This is proving stupidly tricky. All the mirror glass replacements listed on Halfords, Aceparts, eBay and EuroParts all list the product number SR(G)990. I've bought this part twice now and it's nothing like the same shape or size?!? All the listings on eBay will likely be the same part number. I think they all must use a national database of product codes to match car models, and I fear mine must be wrong.

The guy in Halfords suggested buying a mirror replacement for a pre 2000 model Corolla SR(G)516 that might fit, but I've no way of knowing without ordering one and this process could go on for ever... Soooo annoying. I might revert to tin foil.

It's not a heated mirror, just standard. I must just be unlucky with a Corolla model that has very rare parts?!?

Here is a pic of the original mirror and the SR(G)990 replacement that doesn't fit - http://i61.tinypic.com/iwqept.jpg

Any advise is welcome, thanks again for the replies.

Hmm thats interesting. What you can do is find a part number from a toyota main dealer and with that you can try have a look online by putting the toyota and then the part number.

Thanks for the tips guys.

I called Toyota and the part number I need is 87909-02340. Not having much luck finding one online though. Does anyone know where I could buy one?

Full circle then ! :Jumpy:

As said, there is a chance some other similar after market one might fit, but unless you can ltierally hold it how do you know it will fit.

Also wonder if you car has been fitted with some different wing mirrors by a previous owner ? - surprising all the aftermarket ones are wrong ?

One last possible route, pop in to a local glass merchant, one who does domestic stuff, and they would cut you a piece of mirror to fit if you give them an exact pattern / original out of the frame , probably for less than a fiver.(guess)

You will have to seal the edges to avoid water, expect they can advise what.

terry

Are you sure it's not heated.

My e11 has heated mirrors, when you turn on the rear window defroster.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found one to fit here on eBay -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEFT-PASSENGER-NEAR-SIDE-FLAT-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-GLASS-FOR-TOYOTA-COROLLA-01-05-/390641189187?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5af4078143#vi-ilComp

Rather than using my registration plate number to find a match I literally searched generic Corolla mirrors until I found one that looked a similar shape, and bingo, fits perfectly!

I can only presume my registration is not linked to the correct model? Although the description sounds correct?

Mine doesn't look like that but if it fits then happy days. The wing mirror may be an aftermarket one instead of a genuine wing mirror. Maybe thats why it never fitted with the other ones.