Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Front Seats

gaml d4d

Hello Everybody,

Just bought a great 2004 t3 Yaris 1.4 d4d 3 door

The material on the front seats were badly damaged so I bought 2 2nd hand seats from a 2002 3 door Yaris.

Only when swapping them over I realised (yes I was stupid not to check!) that the original seats had air bags and the replacements don't.

Now the air bag light flashes.

Is this an MOT failure?

Seems that I have 3 possible solutions.

1> Buy another set of seats with airbags.

2> Do something to the connector under the seat so that the airbag light doesn't flash

3> Last and definitely worst option - cover/remove bulb from the light on the dashboard.

Thoughts?

Graham

According to Which?, the MOT test includes a ‘Malfunction Indicator Lamp’ check. This requires the examiner to visually check that warning lights for electronic stability control, safety restraint systems, anti-lock braking systems and tyre pressure monitoring systems are not permanently illuminated.

So presumably if the SRS (airbag) light is flashing, this would be an MOT failure.

Only 1 option from your choices, Get seats with air bags as whilst the light is on none of your airbags will work, the airbag light being on is an MOT fail and covering/removing the lamp would fail to as it has to be present and operating during the test.

• Like 1

After your comments and some more trawling about there is only 1 option. New seats :(

Anybody want some very good condition front seats with no airbags?

Graham

Copied from the Honest John review:

March 2005

New Colour Collection edition from March 2005 based on T3 with metallic paint, front fog lamps, chrome exhaust finisher, alloy wheels (1.3-litre versions only) and body colour-matched door mirrors and bumpers. Five colours: Twilight Blue, Carlo Blue, Thunder Grey, Eclipse Black and Crystal Silver. Inside features include colour keyed interior trim in blue or red (depending on exterior colour), carbon detailing for the vent dials and door inserts, scuff plates, colour keyed carpet mats, height adjustable leather trimmed steering wheel with built-in audio system controls and a leather and chrome finished gear knob.

Regular Yaris T3 spec already includes a four-speaker sound system with CD player, remote central double locking, split-folding and sliding rear seat, electric front windows and vanity mirrors for the driver and front seat passenger, front and side airbags, ABS with EBD and front seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters.