Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Some Advice!

actechy14

Hi guys/girls.

I'm looking to lower my T180 by 35 mm front, and 40mm rear on springs.

If anyone has any pictures of an auris like this or aany knowledge on why NOT to lower It, please let me know!

Many thanks :-)

Jordan

You should lower it, good idea, no downsides. Get Eibach pro kit, lowers by 4cm and improves the handling.

• Like 1

P.s tell your insurer, if they try to rip you off go to adrian flux, I've chipped, lowered and modified the acceleration signal on mine (pedal box) and it was still as cheap to insure at Adrian flux as it was un modded elsewhere.

Hi,

If you need any help with modified car insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Thanks guys. Since

yours has been chipped, do you know what the limits are In terms of power/torque that can be put through the clutch?

The clutch will easily handle up to 200 bhp & around 325 lb/ft of torque - as long as it's treated normally, not ragged to death !

Okay. So to put the bluespark box on, I'd need to uprate the clutch. (220 bhp, 360 ish lb/ft)

Get the chip box from lindolp, it takes it to around the 200 mark,some say 205.

Okay. So to put the bluespark box on, I'd need to uprate the clutch. (220 bhp, 360 ish lb/ft)

I'm afraid I'm extremely dubious about the reality of their power/torque claims. Not only are they large increases, it must mean higher boost pressure & more fuel going through the system. They must be flywheel figures (not taken at the wheels) to get even close to plausibility. When I tried to turn the wick up on my TDI-tuning box, the engine went into limp mode almost immediately. This is with a model specific map as well, so the chances of even higher power settings not doing some mischief are pretty slim.

I haven't seen anyone offering clutch upgrades on the SR180 engine, so you might have a job on searching .....

Okay, thanks guys, this helps a lot :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links