Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fabia Mk1 To Yaris T Sport. What To Look For?

kedw200

Hi all,

Been a member on here a little while now, my wife drives a Yaris 1.0 GS that she has had for nearly 5 years and is absolutely in love with it. I must admit, I am too After owning a Vauxhall Corsa and (currently) a 2003 Skoda Fabia 1.2HTP Silverline, I am really persuaded to buy a Yaris. The Skoda has been letting me down with problems (the latest being suspension console bushes that will need replacing plus another set of discs as it has somehow ruined the second set I put on it!).

Anyway, a move I am considering is to a Yaris T Sport. Found a beauty at the following garage for £2650 (the Auto Trader price is lower than it is listed for on the dealer site), with only 39k on the clock. Link: http://www.jpjvehicles.co.uk/popup.asp?ad=606#

After reading around I can see that the unanimous verdict is that they are amazing, like most other Toyotas. Very reliable, quick, good MPG etc. I just wanted to ask what I should be looking for when checking one out- if I choose to (currently saving for a house so trying to work out if getting rid of the Skoda is cheaper in the long run that sorting the problems!). What are common problems/things to look for when giving one the once over on a forecourt?

I am presuming that there will be a rather noticeable difference in power too from my lil' Skoda? The stats certainly look that way, my current car has around 65BHP and 110nm of torque.

Thanks in advance, and if anyone has opinions on the linked car please let me know ;)

PK

Hi mate. Car which you got there and for the price is a absolute bargin which makes me think is there anything wrong with it or is it clocked. First thing i'd do is a HPI check on the car, costs about £6 or £7 which will reveal any previous car accidents or mileage problems. If that comes clear then go ahead and check the car out. From my experience with T sport Yaris's are that they always have clutch's on their way out or oil leaking from them. So check the clutch and look for any leaks under the car and in the engine bay. Other than that the car looks amazing and cheap too, snap it up quickly before someone else gets to it. You won't regret it because that Fabia must have a hell of alot of problems as they use same engines on vw which are rubbish and unreliable.

Hi,

I would also check out the exhaust, I've had my back box replaced but the mid section is on it's way out and Toyota only stock them at almost £500 quid. I'm looking at patching up if I can or replace full system with stainless - much cheaper than standard exhaust. Check for creaking on the steering, common fault on the yaris is anti rollbar bushes.

hope these help.

Mark

Hi,

I would also check out the exhaust, I've had my back box replaced but the mid section is on it's way out and Toyota only stock them at almost £500 quid. I'm looking at patching up if I can or replace full system with stainless - much cheaper than standard exhaust. Check for creaking on the steering, common fault on the yaris is anti rollbar bushes.

hope these help.

Mark

ECP sell bushes and pins for c £13 a side...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links