Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 Fuel Tank Capacity?

Ave03

hello,i have a 2003 t25 d4d avensis

what's the fuel tank capacity for you?

in the last fuel refill (i think that the tank was near to empty) i have filled the tank with : 53 liter !! (93.267pt!!) with local temperature approx 10-15°C (50-59°F)

could be possibile or something goes wrong in that service station?

thanks to all

(happy new year to all)

iirc it's either 60 or 62l.

Bear in mind that the reserve is around 9-10 litres so if you had driven down to that then 53l to fill is about right..

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply

I have never thought was so big... :)

A curiosity but the 9/10 liter of "reserve" usually starts to be to used after the reserve light became or near when the trip computer report 0km of range?

I'm asking beacause in many years i havent never refilled the tank with that amount of fuel ( and usually i refill the tank with the low fuel light on)

I believe that the range counts down to the reserve rather than empty but I'm not about to test it (particularly on a diesel which can be a pain if you run the fuel system dry).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Fuel reserve isn't something that starts using according to light or else, it is calculated amount of fuel left in the same part of the tank, but it is "reserved", this means arrow of the fuel tank goes to red zone or close to that when this level is reached. I never let needle to drop so far, i'm fillig up when last 1/4 of the tank is left, because in diesel system, high preasure fuel pump is cooling itself with diesel, if there is so little fuel that engine can not work stable, this means pump is overheating too and this might come up to very expensive problem. Also, if you park on downhill/uphill this minimum amount is dangerous for the same reason and some more ( like lack of fuell preasure in the rail to start the engine). Either way do not forget that fuel tank is one size and there is fuel filling pipe which might contain significant amount of fuel. I used to have new Honda civic and after fuel pistol stops filling, once i managed to pour 5 liters more of petrol ( not diesel).

• 3 months later...

Does the petrol tourer have the same size tank?

Range calc and fuel gage are really annoying saying empty/0 miles when there is still 9-10 litres left!

afaik, yes. It would be even more annoying if you ran dry away from a filling station ... it's just usual Toyota caution.

You learn to adjust/take it into account.

I just up graded to the t27 Avensis and from the dash saying 0 miles I can only fill with £40 to the brim. At £1.17 a litre that's well below a 60 litre tank. My t25 Avensis was able to take £60 plus. Very annoying

brand new car or s/h? I can get 50l into mine from the computer saying 0 range.

does the computer 'learn'?

I.e. If I keep driving an extra 40 miles after 0 until I can get 55 litres on the tank will it eventually recalculate 0 to be when i've only got 5 litres left?

I don't know about for a 1994 (as per your details) - didn't even think that they made an Avensis in 1994?

On the T25 facelift & the T27, yes, it will learn & adjust range but it always afaik allows for ~9 or 10 litre "reserve".

Its second hand. I do alot of miles so having to top up every to £40 is annoying. Was thinking maybe there's something wrong with the tank.

That's a good question ping was thinking that myself

What does the range counter say when you top the tank? Mine is 999km at full tank. But i usually can run about 1200km on one tank. Doing about 0.44 at long distance driving. I do about 2000km per month. So i fill up the tank twice. (when the fuel prices are at the lowest). I use the premium diesel. Diesel miles plus i think they call it.

The range counter and the mpg counter is not 100% correct. But it's a good indicator.

I have the 2006 2.0 d4d.

The Avensis replaced the Carina E in 1997 - so a 1994 Avensis doesn't exist ....

I let the fuel gage run down until there was no bars left. Went and just filled it up there diesel at £1.15.9. Filled it to the brim for £42 just over 36 litres. Range says 535 miles.

My t25 avensis would take £60-70 to fill and range would be 600-700 miles

The Avensis replaced the Carina E in 1997 - so a 1994 Avensis doesn't exist ....

Updated,2005 T25. Also have 1994 Celica GT-Four :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links