Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Recommendation - 2012 Model Ideally

tubaman

Looking to change my 2006 Avensis D4-D T180 (2.2 180BHP) for a 2-2.5yr old Rav 4.

Whilst I've had my Avensis for many years and am fully aware of everything regarding the Toyota 2.2 diesel engine, I know nothing about the RAV 4.

Ideally, I'm looking for a high spec (Incredible model ?) 2WD model with the 2.2ltr diesel - I'm guessing price from a main dealer with be circa £16-£18K ? As my Avensis was top of the range, I don't really want to downgrade to a Rav 4 without parking sensors/cruise control etc.

Is there a model that is pick of the bunch in late 2012 early 2013 or anything I really should stay clear of ?

All opinions very welcome

I'm not 100% sure but I think that the 2WD only came in one model which was somewhat basic. The 4WDs came in XT-R & SR designations. The XT-R is very well specced and the SR adds a body kit and different alloys.

You may struggle as I don't think that there are many 2WDs around as they weren't terribly popular. In fact I don't think I[ve seen one on this or any other RAV forums.

I don't mean any disrespect but why would you want a 2WD RAV? IMHO that rather defeats the purpose of having an SUV. A better option would be a mainstream estate - you get FWD, more space and it will probably be more ecoinomical.

Good luck.

I would imagine the better fuel economy and lower emissions may be the attraction of the two wheel drive Rav4 over the four wheel drive for some people. In fact with the current Rav4, the 2.0 litre D4D is available in either two wheel drive or four wheel drive across all four trim levels - from Active to Invincible.

Yes, Frostyballs, you've hit the nail on the head - fuel economy really. I will never be needing to take the car off-road so I would prefer a 2WD so not carrying all the extra weight of a 4WD (even though I understand 4WD models only ever give you 4WD when you need it).

Is the 2Ltr engine the same engine as the 2.2 only in lower capacity ? If so, I think its just an upgraded version of my existing T180 2.2 engine (Which I've had NO issues with whatsoever).

Do you know if they did a 2WD 2-3 years ago ?

According to the Honest John review the 2wd XT-R was introduced in May 2010. The engine is of the same family as the 2.2.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links