Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr 180 How Rare?

StevieH888

The Auris SR180 is significantly different from the standard Auris in that it has multi link rear suspension, in addition to the sport springs and powerful engine.

I very rarely see one, and I drive up and down the M1 for work every day, perhaps a couple of sightings a year.

Is there any way of finding out just how rare they are, sales figures obtainable anywhere?

Go on how many left .co.UK and that would give u a roughish idea

According to 'how many left':

Auris T180 D-Cat - 954 were first registered in 2007, 33 in 2008 and 1 in 2009.

877 were still licensed (taxed) at the end of 2014.

Auris SR180 D-Cat - 794 were first registered in 2008, 362 in 2009, 12 in 2010, 3 in 2011, 5 in 2012

1000 were still licensed (taxed) at the end of 2014.

I know how many left isn't particularly accurate but it's an idea

Apparently I have one of the first SR180's in the country - they came equipped with an electric sunroof as standard, rather than a factory option :) It's registered Jan' 08.

Wow wee 1100 odd SR180's in the whole UK's car population, it is a very rare car then?

I was just thinking where are the unregistered 100 odd SR180's? Too young for the scrap yard, surely 10% odd is too high to have crashed and burned????

Posssibly sorn off road I've seen some that look like they have been wrapped round a tree up at the scrappy and some possibly nicked or some at the dealership after being used as a trade in

Approx 85% of those first registered seem to be currently licensed and road legal. Of the remaining 176, some would have been SORN'd, some written off or scrapped (don't forget with the head gasket issues with the AD series engine, some cars which have experienced head gasket failure may be outside the goodwill warranty and be uneconomic to repair), some may have been part exchanged/not have current car tax or been SORN'd, etc.

A 15% reduction in numbers isn't that great over 6/7 years - roughly 2.5% or 29 per year.

Sometimes frosty I wonder if you troll me .... Only joking

No trolls involved - think we were both working on posts at the same time

• Like 1

Very possibly cos we always come out with the same thing and always close together

Gonna keep mine for ever now, collectors item..........

Toyota Auris SR D4D -

625 first registered in 2008

128 first registered in 2009

596 licensed at the end of 2014

79% of those first registered, licensed at the end of 2014.

Well happy my car is becoming rarer lol sayin that it also means it's a little more prone to bein nicked

Well happy my car is becoming rarer lol sayin that it also means it's a little more prone to bein nicked

My old corolla (sold 2 months ago and has reached Zimbabwe) was so rare, only 96 left in UK!!!! Its Toyota Corolla 2001 GS D4D 2.0. It was a low miler too, 48,000.

According to the Honest John review the SR came with the double wishbone rear suspension, and Toyota Motorsport lowered sports suspension.

Think the SR was dropped sometime in 2009, as it doesn't feature in the April 2009 Auris brochure - just the SR180 appears. The numbers registered in 2009 (128) I mentioned at post 15 seem to support this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links