Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Reliability?

Brandane

I have a 2006 Corolla E12 (?) 1600 colour collection.

So at only 8 years old, and just 74k miles on the clock, a headlamp bulb has blown! I am outraged at this; from a car maker that claims to be reliable. This is the first thing that has gone wrong with this car in the 5 years I have owned it, and it better be the last or Toyota will be getting a strongly worded letter of complaint.

But seriously .... I just cannot believe that this is the first bulb to have blown! Apart from normal service items, I think this is the first part I have had to replace. Hope I am not tempting fate here. So much more reliable than any of the number of VWs I have owned.

Shocking, terrible, send an Email to the Presidente at Totota Japan :mad2:

What I have done is replace the dipped beams with some Osram Nightbreaker bulbs, they really do improve things dramatically. though there is a trade off in their life, mine just blew last month after about 3 years use.

Bit of a pain to do, but use a mirror to see how to release the wire clip aroun the bulb.

Thanks for the bulb recommendations, but I have already fitted a pair of Bosch bulbs. Apart from having to remove the Battery to get at the nearside bulb, and a bit of skinned knuckles, it wasn't too bad. I replaced them as a pair just to err on the side of caution, and there was an offer on for buying the pair. I don't expect to have to do it again for another 8 years!

I would definitely send a letter or email. If you have twitter it might be worth trying to contact them on there first to try and get the best person to contact.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links