Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

enigma-man

:crybaby: greeting's fellow mpv er's. in joining the family of estimania, no nothing to do with peter the pop star? i bought my car last november and i am currentley insured through direct line cost £600 fully comp full no claims and half way to being an old !Removed! ? i had phoned arround for a while but no company's delt with import's so i stuck with my direct line friend's ?as far as i know i will not get a better deal unless you have better contact's than i did ...... can you help ?

cheers ian ........ :help:

HI

I WOULD TRY SOME WERE ELSE, I AM ONLY PAYING £459 WHICH INCLUDES £89 OF BREAKDOWN COVER AND REPLACEMENT CAR WITH TESCO

I have been with Direct Line for 5 years with my other car. 5 years no claims. Recently got a Estima emina 2.2td 1996 x-lux and rang them for a qoute to include my wife who has 2 sp30's on her licence. They first put it in my wife's name and told me I didn't qualify for second car discount because the estima was a group 53(out of 70) and can only offer it up to group 50. When i asked why they classed it so high they said it was because of the power!! (105hp!!). My wife drives my Mondeo zetec (140hp) on my direct line insurance at no extra cost! Anyway he ummed and aarrggd and eventually quoted me £1700!!! Needless to say I told him what I thought of that and explained I had already had a quote from tesco's for £600 which I thought was high. Long story shortish, I was put in touch with a broker called lifesure ( mentioned in earlier threads) sorry I don't have number handy but can get it. They quoted me £450 for the estima saved me £200 per year on my mondeo (Which was with direct line) gave me 5 years no claims for the toyota and second car discount. The company they used was NIG Skandia, who would not have done all these deals had i contacted them direct. I found Lifesure very efficient, friendly and good value. The cover is the same as I had with direct line, needless to say they have lost my business.

Unreservedly recommend Lifesure Brokers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've recently bought an Estima too, and after spending 2 days phoning loads of insurers, I found that for me, Norwich Union Direct were quoting the lowest premium.

Though Osbournes were a close second :)

hi and thank's for the info i will do some home work and let you know .......

ian .

• 1 month later...

:D Hi I'm a new member, try Tesco's insurance my wife has fully comp. with me as named driver for less than £400.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

previa's cheaper.? mine is about 400 quid with budget full comp any driver and free RAC, im retired but not dead

• 1 month later...

Try these people http://www.wbminsurance.co.uk/

They have just quoted me ~£20 more than we're currently paying for our Corolla 1.3GS through Club Toyota for a.... wait for it... 3.0l TD 7 seater Granvia (£376).

OK, we're not young tear-aways (over 40).

I think that's a very good quote

Kevin

On my 3.0 td hiace supercustom ltd I am now paying 296 pounds as opposed to my last quote from tesco which was for 594!!

I use lifesure.

I am not retired and have full protected NCB.

• 5 months later...
:crybaby: greeting's fellow mpv er's. in joining the family of estimania, no  nothing to do with peter the pop star? i bought my car last november and i am currentley insured through direct line cost £600 fully comp full no claims and half way to being an old !Removed! ? i had phoned arround for a while but no company's delt with import's so i stuck with my direct line friend's ?as far as i know i will not get a better deal unless you have better contact's than i did ...... can you help ?

cheers ian ........ :help:

try tesco we were under the 400 pounnd mark

• 2 months later...

Go to Privilege insurance on line. I enquired on line, paid on line and got the documents 2 days later. Brilliant.

I pay under £200 fully comp for a year. :D :thumbsup:

If you talk to a salesman on the phone, they will charge as much as they can get you to agree to so that they get a good salesmans commission on the sale.

NM

dude.

Tesco insured me and the wife for £345, full no claims, £100 excess, protected no claims.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links