Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Passenger Door Won't Open

turnby

I have a 2006 T Spirit where the offside rear passenger door will not open.

The locking latch is stuck in the locked position and will spring back into place if I put it into the unlocked position. Holding it in the unlocked position and using the inside and/or outside handle will no open the door. When locking all door either from the fob or drivers interior switch I can hear all the doors actuators but this one the latch doesnt move.

When unlocking the car by placing my hand behind the drivers door handle, instead of one clean unlock, all the doors lock/unlock 3+ times

So how can I remove the door panel with the door closed? I have removed the only two screws I can see (behind interior handle and armrest on the door panel)

TLDR: How do I remove the interior door panel when I cannot open the door

post-58389-0-62534400-1421155565_thumb.j

So how can I remove the door panel with the door closed? I have removed the only two screws I can see (behind interior handle and armrest on the door panel)

TLDR: How do I remove the interior door panel when I cannot open the door

You may have to damage it - possibly terminally.

If I was you the first thing I'd do is to remove the panel from the other back door. This will allow you to find out what clips and screws are involved and from that you will be able to judge how you might get the panel off the closed door.

At the very least you want to get the 'rogue' panel off without causing secondary damage to the actual door or other parts of the car.

• 4 months later...

Hello.I had the same problem with the same door,believe it or not it was caused by some sort of mastic had leaked from around the base of the door.I think the sun must have melted the stuff nand it took me ages the manage to open it.

In the end I had to take it to Toyota in the end to be repaired, can't remember how much I paid

I had to take it to Toyota in the end to be repaired, can't remember how much I paid

Wow. It must have been cheap then; if not you'd certainly remember :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 years later...

How to fix rear passanger door if th cable is broken an the door dnt wana open

Turnby Hi, If you lift out the rear seat base, you should be able to get to most of the door trim. It's held in place by trim clips, so you can prise them out then lift to clear top edge. Good Luck.

• 2 months later...

Just had this two months ago on a 2010 1.33, the total bill from Mr T was £280.

They couldn't testify what was the reason for this fault.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Revival!

I have exactly the same issue. Previously, when this happened, I frantically turn the lock on/off via the key fob or by the button on the driver's door.

My luck's out and now the door is truly locked. Can't force it out.

It only happens when I do the double lock (or deadlock?). If I get the door trim out and manage to open the door again, is there a way to remove the double lock actuator so that it doesn't happen again?

Thanks and happy motoring.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links