Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Express Photoshoot Plea - Aygo Mk 1

Vickster1

Hi Folks,

I help research the buying guides for Auto Express magazine and one of the next ones I’ve been asked to do is on the Toyota Aygo MkI.
Therefore, I need to find a non modified car, which I can put into the studio to photograph for the piece. Please forgive me for posting this plea on your site but this club has been helpful in the past so I am turning this way again.

Can you please get in touch with me if you’ve got a car that we can put in the studio – it needs to be a tidy example that hasn’t been modified. The spec doesn’t matter, but the car does need to be original. There will only be studio photography of the car, so there will be no dynamic shots taken at all. Only you will drive the car and you can stay with it at all times.

I have managed to secure a limited fuel budget for the owner which is new this year so if you are in a 80 mile radius to Derby or Beaulieu you should be covered. However if there are owners further afield who feel that a professional photoshoot, which would cost approximately £400, is a fair swap for their time (a photoshoot takes about 2-3 hours) and a bit more fuel, then I can obviously give them more details. Now I’m not asking anyone to do this if they don’t want to but we often get comments from readers that they would like a set of pictures of their car and this is one way of offering owners that possibilty.

If you think you might be able to help, could you drop me a line please, either via this forum or direct to my email address (vicky@magiccarpics.co.uk) – attaching photos as I need to get the Art Editor’s approval.

Please note that the Derby photographer can work weekends if necessary.

Thanks for your time,

Vicky

Just a note to say that this request is genuine.

I took advantage of a similar offer in 2014, when Auto Express were doing an article on buying a used Toyota Auris - example photo of my car:

c77bf5ed477c3f3e393a1ab120293003.jpg

Hi I have an unmodified mk 1 Aygo, but would I have to pay for the photos (sorry if its a silly question) but £400 is a lot for me to spend.

Think the arrangement is similar to last year - the photos were provided at no cost to me, and were provided as a thank you for agreeing to the photo shoot. The photos were posted to me afterwards on a CD-R. Got both low resolution and high resolution copies.

This year, it looks like there may be a contribution made to you for fuel costs - which I would imagine would be done after the event.

um, wouldn't mind doing that then. Shall I PM you Vickster1 with my details?

Might be better to e-mail Vicki (Vicki@magiccarpics.co.uk) - that way you can also include some pics of your Aygo that she can show the Art Editor.

A free photoshoot for your motor and fuel money to boot? Lucky Aygo owners!!! :D

Hi, just a couple of add ons

Wiz201 - if you are interested send a message to vicky@magiccarpics.co.uk with a couple of pictures and I can give you further info but just to confirm that you would not be paying for the pictures.

Cyker - if you happen to have a Rav4 MkIII or a Yaris MkIII in your garage I'm looking for these as well.

Thanks

Vicky

• Like 1

Alas no, just my trusty old Mk1 diesel Yaris! (And it's veeeery unphotogenic right now! :lol:)

Hi Wiz201

Just to let you know that I haven't received a mail from you. Unfortunately we have been having technology problems (they were doing road repairs last week and dug up the cable!) so it could be lost in cyberspace. Would it be possible to re-send any pictures?

Thanks

Vicky

Looks like I've been chosen! Just waiting for the photographer to come back with some dates for going down to Derby, can't wait!

So Mrs Norris will be famous !!

• Like 1

I offered my car, but I know they would of picked a white car over black as it photographs better

I'm going down to the photo shoot Saturday Feb 14th, looking into valet options now.

• 3 weeks later...

10997928_10205277836761949_2074041872_o_

10988767_10205277961325063_470990281_o_z

10982963_10205277814241386_1728220484_o_

She's going to look so good when the real photos come out. These are just ones taken on my phone.

Looking good! :D

The professional lighting set up makes so much difference; Love the way it highlights the windows and wheel-arch flares! :thumbsup:

Looks smart - the finished photos will have the turntable edited out, so the background and floor will just be a uniform grey.