Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Express Photoshoot Plea - Rav4 Mk 3

Vickster1

Hi Folks,

I help research the buying guides for Auto Express magazine and one of the next ones I’ve been asked to do is on the Toyota Rav4 MkIII.
Therefore, I need to find a non modified car, which I can put into the studio to photograph for the piece. Please forgive me for posting this plea on your site but this club has been helpful in the past so I am turning this way again.

Can you please get in touch with me if you’ve got a car that we can put in the studio – it needs to be a tidy example that hasn’t been modified. The spec doesn’t matter, but the car does need to be original. There will only be studio photography of the car, so there will be no dynamic shots taken at all. Only you will drive the car and you can stay with it at all times.

I have managed to secure a limited fuel budget for the owner which is new this year so if you are in a 80 mile radius to Derby or Beaulieu you should be covered. However if there are owners further afield who feel that a professional photoshoot, which would cost approximately £400, is a fair swap for their time (a photoshoot takes about 2-3 hours) and a bit more fuel, then I can obviously give them more details. Now I’m not asking anyone to do this if they don’t want to but we often get comments from readers that they would like a set of pictures of their car and this is one way of offering owners that possibilty.

If you think you might be able to help, could you drop me a line please, either via this forum or direct to my email address (vicky@magiccarpics.co.uk) – attaching photos as I need to get the Art Editor’s approval.

Please note that the Derby photographer can work weekends if necessary.

Thanks for your time,

Vicky

Just a note to say that this request is genuine.

I took advantage of a similar offer in 2014, when Auto Express were doing an article on buying a used Toyota Auris - example photo of my car:

c77bf5ed477c3f3e393a1ab120293003.jpg

Hi Vicky.

First of all are you aware there are 2 models of a Rav4 Mk3, the 4.3 and the face lift model 4.3.5 which is of course a newer model, was you searching for one in particular?

Mike

Doubt whether it matters whether it is a 4.3 or 4.3.5.

When they were looking for an 2007-2012 Auris for the photo shoot, the condition, the fact it was not modified, and, in the opinion of the art editor, how well it would photograph were the main factors - mine was a post facelift.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying, our internet cable was dug up last week by road repairs! Just to confirm what Mr Frosty said, it can be either a pre or post facelift as long as it isn't modified and in a clean condition.

Thanks

Vicky

I'd be up for that Vickster and 'Im about 50 miles from Derby. Totally original and standard 2010 model in really good condition. I've not got a pic to hand immediately and at the moment it has about 4inches of snow on it so you might have to wait a bit for that. PM me if that would fit what you are looking for.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links