Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Dear Old Cdx

HowardL

After owning my 1.3 CDX for eight and a half years I'm letting go,

It's now 11 + yrs old and feel the time is right to sell,

It has 72300 miles on the clock.

It's the most reliable car I have ever owned, still going well and px'd it and got a good price,

feel a bit sad .

so good bye all.

So what have you had as a replacement?

Nice! Virtually the same size as the original Yaris. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the Picanto.

Kia picanto 1.25

Should of got a Yaris, your Kia will loose almost 70% value within 2 years

Kia picanto 1.25

Should of got a Yaris, your Kia will loose almost 70% value within 2 years

With the first generation Picanto both Parkers and CAP held it up as a model with low depreciation.

Aside from that the Yaris is in the next market sector (supermini rather than city car) and is a lot more expensive to buy new - Picanto ranges from £8145 to £12,000, and the Yaris £10,995 to £17,595.

The Toyota competitor to the Picanto is the Aygo.

Today, where I buy cars from I Kia Picanto, 2013 41,000 miles for £2,850. If you dont call that depreciation then well................... Don't know what to say. However, Kia's are very very good cars and will rarely break down. To be honest, you will benefit from 7 year warranty and at least you know you are safe at all times!!

My feeling is that with small/cheap cars, as long as you keep it for more than a couple of years the depreciation isn't really a huge concern. With more expensive stuff then a correspondingly longer ownership is preferable.

I generally aim to buy a good, reliable new or <2yo car and keep it for 8 years (so with two cars we change one every 4 yrs). None of them are worth a lot by then :)

Today, where I buy cars from I Kia Picanto, 2013 41,000 miles for £2,850. If you dont call that depreciation then well................... Don't know what to say. However, Kia's are very very good cars and will rarely break down. To be honest, you will benefit from 7 year warranty and at least you know you are safe at all times!!

I would say that a small car that could be only 13 months old (2013) with 41,000 miles would suffer fairly heavy depreciation.

Where I've been looking 2013 models are going for around£7500 -£8500 (1.25)

Plus I liked the 4 yrs warranty left on it and zero tax

Anyway, you've obviously bought a car that is new for you, that you like, and that suits your needs. I think they're quite smart. As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters. Enjoy!

Thanks Frosty,

Picking it up tomorrow mon 19th, and signing up to the the picanto forum.

You never know, I may be back in the future.

Enjoy your car, I drove it last night and it is very good. My price is the price for dealer and will sell at the price you say, slightly cheaper as not main dealer or anything. The car is good and I did under estimate it until I actually drove it. Good luck!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links