Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Fob Opening Windows

Auris2010

Has anybody has done this

that when you press the the unlock button for 5 secs on the remote key fob all the cars windows will open even though the cars engine is off..

I basically tried it on my auris it didint worked ( or im just doing it wrong). Im just worried that sometimes you got the key on your bag, pocket and you dont actually noticed that sometimes its being press and will accidentally open your cars windows and attract thief and even stole your car.

Known as 'global opening/closing'. From memory this has been raised before. I believe some VW's and/or Volvos have this feature, but I don't think the Auris does.

During hot weather it is intended to allow one to open all the windows, and in some cases the sunroof, to allow the car interior to cool down quicker as you approach it.

Hi, Auris doesn't have this feature but most VW's do. Ive had this feature and its really handy. I always have that moment when I turn off the car and close the door and see a windows open. All you do is hold the lock button on key for 3-4 seconds and windows go up. Like you said for a safety feature, the VW unlock and lock buttons at very stiff which is probably why they have enabled this sensor. It wouldn't really be possible to accidentally press it and it goes down. Also another thing is that there is a specific range of which this will work, only within a few meters whereas you can unlock a car from very far away, another safety feature.

Is it just the auris which dont have this feature or other Toyota models have this feature?

Some Fords have a similar system.

Its more of a convenience really.

There have been instances for some owners where the keys have been placed in a bag after the vehicle is locked, something in the bag has been pressed against the key fob and operated the global opening. When the owners have returned to the car, the windows are wide open.

Not sure how they would explain any resultant theft from vehicle, as they have effectively left the vehicle insecure.

I haven't come across other Toyotas which have global opening. We've had new cars from Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Mazda and Hyundai (17, from various market sectors), and none have had this feature.

One feature I wish my Auris had, is the facility on the key fob to just open the tailgate.

On our Hyundai i20, we have a third button on the key fob for the tailgate. When the car is locked, pressing this third button for a few seconds will unlock just the tailgate. After one has accessed the boot, on closing the tailgate it locks, the indicators flash, and the security system is re-armed. Also has auto locking which locks all doors when the car reaches approx 30mph.

My dad moans about this on his Golf estate. Says he keeps going outside to find all the windows open because he's sat down on the keyfob or whatever.

An all windows close on holding down the lock button would be nice.

FROSTYBALLS my 2013 has a boot unlock button on the remote. I find it a fairly pointless thing to have personally. As for the auto lock at speed, if you're willing to plug mystery boxes into your car's electrics try searching on aliexpress for "auris speed lock" and you should find gadgets that will do it for you (if, as I said, you dare). There are also mystery boxes to auto close the windows when you lock the car, I'm very tempted to risk one of those......