Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180 Tuning Box Advice?

swanseaguy

Hi guys,

What would be better for my sr180

promotech tuning box or lindop tuning box?

Or is there something better on the market?

Either lindop or bluespark automotive have used a few and these two are the ones I have had without any trouble and offer the best performance

• Like 1

Have a search for previous topics on this, because usually threads end up in 'a mine is better than yours' scenario and eventually get locked.

Everyone has the one they have and like it's all preferences ... But you could read thru and go on a more people have said this or people don't recommend that .... Personally I ignored everyone and tried a few out and then made my mind up ....

Have a search for previous topics on this, because usually threads end up in 'a mine is better than yours' scenario and eventually get locked.

Mine is better than yours :D:

Ask for dyno graph to prove what a competitors kit is capable of, I have one available to view if you email me

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Kingo out of curiosity do you class your chip as a Toyota approved item or an actual Toyota part .... Just my local Toyota got a bit of a funny on when I asked them to look at something on my engine ... I'm using my bluespark one again now as I have sold my lindop one (sold second Auris so no need for it ) got a good deal on the blue spark one aswell with some haggling

I ran a Tunit box on mine for two years with absolutely no issues and the car was a lot quicker- got an extra 4mpg on the Middle setting and probably could get more on the eco setting. Plus you can do Intrest free for a year :)

Bluespark is working fantastically well a year on and with no issues

• Like 1

Kingo out of curiosity do you class your chip as a Toyota approved item or an actual Toyota part .... Just my local Toyota got a bit of a funny on when I asked them to look at something on my engine ... I'm using my bluespark one again now as I have sold my lindop one (sold second Auris so no need for it ) got a good deal on the blue spark one aswell with some haggling

No, our kit is NOT genuine. We have them made in Germany and branded as a Lindop kit :thumbsup:

Ahh that's why my local Toyota got the funnys with me till I showed them a receipt

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a Tunit box on mine for two years with absolutely no issues and the car was a lot quicker- got an extra 4mpg on the Middle setting and probably could get more on the eco setting. Plus you can do Intrest free for a year :)

Sorry mate, which one can you get on payment instalments?

The Tunit box, I'm sure they do a years interest free finance but I just took the 6months option

Hi guys,

What would be better for my sr180

promotech tuning box or lindop tuning box?

Or is there something better on the market?

Promotech device doesn't have any adjustability!

The Tunit box, I'm sure they do a years interest free finance but I just took the 6months option

Sorry mate, which one can you get on payment instalments?

I sent you a personal message.

• 2 weeks later...

I have run a Sept 2009 SR180 for the last four years fitted with a Lindop Chip Kit (adjustable dial set to 7) covering about 30,000 miles in the process with no problems at all. I'm getting ready to sell the car so I removed the chip kit to sell separately and to remind myself how it used to run. I have found that the change is much more noticeable this way round than I recall from when I fitted the chip in the first place and thought I post some thoughts.

Without the Chip in place there is a noticeable drop in the power / torque delivery moving up the rev range (2000 plus) which becomes obvious on a motorway journey when over taking, etc. Although still impressively torquey the car lacked the punch it had with the Lindop Chip on. I also think there is now a little more hesitation / roughness between 1000 and 1500 and it appears that the turbo spools up a little later than with the Chip in place, (this is subtle and may only be noticeable as I have been driving it for several years).

The biggest surprise has been the drop in fuel economy after removing the Lindop Chip. I have been running at an average of 45mpg with the Chip in place for many months but now I'm only getting 41mpg over the last 300 miles without the Chip. I'm having to drive carefully to get that. I do not recall noticing any change in economy when i fitted the kit originally but looking back I guess that had some thing to do with the 'enthusiastic driver' factor having just fitted a shiny new Chip.

Whatever the Chip does it does it well and with no bother at all. I have been more than happy with the Lindop Chip Kit over the last four years.

• Like 1

Ditto - very similar findings to myself (with a TDI-Tuning Box). My MPG is also hovering around 41 MPG w/out the box, although this is Winter and it always drops 3-4 MPG compared to Summer.

The lindop chip and the blue spark chips I have run/ still run get better pull everywhere on the rev range and the economy is definitely improved from pump to pump ... I took mine off for something before and instantly noticed it felt broken almost

• 1 year later...

Any more people with feedback of these boxes.
I have been researching tuning boxes for my sr180 and was looking for people who have had experience with different boxes. My initial thought after looking on these forums was to get a Lindop tuning box but after seeing the companies reviews of 1-2 stars and also not answering the phone, when they did said someone would call me back (which they havent) i decided i would go with a bluespark pro. Has anyone had any experience with either or know of any better ones on the market. I must add that i cant see why the Lindop is priced up at almost double the top end bluespark pro for what i can see is the same technology, results and performance.

Thanks in advance.

Do a search on Toyota Owners Club and you will find more reviews. The same AD series engine is used in the Avensis, Rav4 and Verso.

i have used this company before and their tunit boxes where superb

on the box i had there where jumpers for you to adjust up to 60% extra

bhp.

http://www.tunit.co.uk/vehicles/view/model/2073

if i had a diesel again i would definately use one of these.

• 2 weeks later...

Just get it remapped.

Much better than a tuning box