Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 Corolla 1.4Vvti Fuel Filter Location?

big matt

hi guys, I have a 2005 corolla T3 1.4vvti which I recently tried to service as it is at 58,000 miles (was last serviced at 48,000miles) I bought the oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs and fuel filter...the guy in the shop said it shouldnt need a fuel filter as they are good for 100,000 miles but I thought its only £10 il get it done to be sure....

I managed to sort everything in good time but for the life of me cant locate the fuel filter....the one on my old Honda was on the bulk head to the left of the engine and when I did my girlfriends vw it was what I think is an inline filter which is in the middle of the fuel line it was under the car just infront of the d/s back wheel, I looked all around the bay and all round under the car, traced the fuel lines back to the tank and found nothing, there is nothing on google or youtube about it....the more I read up on it the more confused I get, some people say its on the bulk head, some sy it was on the bulk head on the older models but on new models its further down under the car, one other guy said that Toyota released a statement saying they make the fuel filters hard to find so as people don't DIY them, some people say there is no external filter and that its in the tank and never needs changed...can someone please clear this up for me? I assume if the guy sold me one based on my reg in the shop then there must be one or would their data base just catagorise it as that one model and not know that later models didn't have one? very confused and frustrated....please help, thanks

I'm just realising it says not to post about your car in the new members section, apologies guys.....can anyone help with my issue?

Hello Matthew - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Topic moved the the Corolla club.

The fuel filter is part of the fuel pump assembly located in the fuel tank.

As such, its not considered a sevice item, or so I have read.

post-95973-0-59302200-1422094729_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links