Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can You Identify This Head Unit Please? Whats Navi?

Totally Tech IT

Hey All,

My 2008 T25 Facelift has this headunit installed...

hqdefault.jpg

I'm guessing NAVI means navigation however when I press it nothing happens so I'm hoping to remove this and replace with a larger screen unit (Hopefully genuine Toyota) - Is there a straight forward one I can swap out that does bluetooth and sat nav or will I need to get a different head unit completely?

hmmmm, Ok, I actually think its called a W58830 - but there doesn't seem to be any info on upgrading it to a large screen.

I'm thinking this will end up needing a non genuine replacement....

The navigation system on earlier units was contolled from a disc drive component housed in the boot area. Unless this is fiited the system won't work. The head unit on my MR2 has a navi button but was never supplied with a sat nav system.

The head units prior to the Touch system often had additional buttons (eg NAVI and AUX) which were intended for use when either the sat nav upgrade or the iPod cable/USB socket were installed. Without the upgrades installed the buttons don't operate anything.

Its the TNS 310 system and the dvd drive is under the passenger seat accessed from the back, my car has the same fitted.

Pete.

Ah thats cool, I'll pop out in a bit and check if the dvd drive is fitted, but I doubt it as there is no other screen etc...

Is there a way to install something like the B9010 to the car?

Mine is a 2008, and some of the listings on eBay for these models etc say 2003-2007, so I'm not sure if I just class mine as the last of 2008 and look at 2007 stuff or what lol..

@t-sprintpete - Mine is the same colour as yours I think, its listed as Grey on the logbook but I think its actual name is Decuma Grey?? The book is faded so not 100% sure - Does that sound right?

my 57 plate TR had a TNS700/B9010 so I would imagine that all the wiring is there in your car for it.

However, it doesn't do bluetooth, satnavs have moved on in 8 years & the cost of new map updates would buy you a new Garmin/Tomtom with lifetime updates. Not to mention that I wonder how long they will continue to provide updates for an older system.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is the trouble - Getting new maps etc...

I actually made my own windows pc using a double din screen for my old pug, so if I just get a double din kit for this, then I may just fit that :)

Ah thats cool, I'll pop out in a bit and check if the dvd drive is fitted, but I doubt it as there is no other screen etc...

Is there a way to install something like the B9010 to the car?

Mine is a 2008, and some of the listings on ebay for these models etc say 2003-2007, so I'm not sure if I just class mine as the last of 2008 and look at 2007 stuff or what lol..

@t-sprintpete - Mine is the same colour as yours I think, its listed as Grey on the logbook but I think its actual name is Decuma Grey?? The book is faded so not 100% sure - Does that sound right?

Sorry for the delay mate, don't get on here much these days, yes its Decuma grey and for anyone ordering reversing sensors off eBay the Iron grey ones are a near perfect match but dont buy that colour for spraying on bodywork :-). By the way the TNS 310 satnav is garbage, a monochrome disply and does not support post codes, the audio side does play mp3 data cd's and it will take up to 6 discs in the slot.

Regards Pete.