Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Aygo (2012 Model) Wiper Blades

AygoWego

Hi guys. i am new to this forum so please forgive me whilst i get the hang of this...

I was just wondering if any of you on here would be able to give me some advice on new Wiper Blades. I have a Toyota Aygo (2012 Model), i need to replace both front and rear wipers and i wondered if anyone knew which one's would be the best to go for by personal experience?

your help will be much appreciated!

Thanks guys :-)

• Like 1

I bought Bosch Aerotwin for my Avensis this time. Great wipe and no scraping or juddering. Well worth the extra few quid.

• Like 1

I think the back wiper blades are too small and would like to know how big you can go

The one I listed above I feel is as long as you need to go, standard is 300mm the one listed is 400mm, could put strain on the motor after that .

I think the back wiper blades are too small and would like to know how big you can go

The one I listed above I feel is as long as you need to go, standard is 300mm the one listed is 400mm, could put strain on the motor after that .

Thanks I going to get one of these

Just because u got longer rear wiper blade, it does not mean that u end up with a bigger broader wipe because the rear glass is curved and the blade misses out at the top.

Just because u got longer rear wiper blade, it does not mean that u end up with a bigger broader wipe because the rear glass is curved and the blade misses out at the top.

That is very true but with a new blade the rubber will be more flexible and hopefully clear more of the glass area .

I have just recently bought two front wipers (one spare) from eBay for less than a fiver. Up to know they seem to be fine. and very easy to fit compare to the one that was already on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361040976196?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I put a bigger one on the rear of mine and its works perfectly :)

I put a bigger one on the rear of mine and its works perfectly :)

What make is your rear wiper? I have a longer Bosch wiper at the back but it skips over the top end of the rear window.

• 1 year later...

I know this topic has been cold since last January, but as a new owner I'd like to revive the discussion if I may.

The standard sizes seem to be 26", (660mm), front and 12", (300mm), rear.

The suggested upgrade is to replace the comedy 12" rear with a 16", (400mm), instead, and stick with a 26" at the front.

Looking at, and comparing the clearance and glass areas, surely you could go to 28", (700mm), on the front and 18", (450mm), for the rear, (as an absolute maximum)?

It's been mentioned previously, and having tried both a conventional 16" and 18" on the rear I've noticed it, that the curvature causes the tip of the blade to lose contact with the glass! A problem that would likely be eliminated using aeroblade or hybrid wipers? (Conventional blades flexing inward at the middle and flat/hybrid blades flexing outward throughout their length towards the tips).

Another thing mentioned earlier is the additional friction and therefore strain on the motor caused by fitting a longer blade! Surely such an increase will be miniscule and therefore not an issue particularly on wet glass? (I never use my wipers on dry or frozen glass, it's a surefire way to cause streaking, reduce both the effectiveness and service life of your Wiper Blades! Anything that causes wear roughening the straight edge. Clearing bug strikes and bird !Removed! can do this too.)

And lastly, I bought a 16" aero blade from ASDA, and of the many fitment options none was compatible with the Aygo's arm! (It's going back for a refund). I have an old conventional 16" blade that is the right fitment but there is insufficient clearance for the blade to articulate on the arm. Now, I've noticed that you can "borrow" the 16" rear wiper off, for example, your wife's Berlingo Multispace, (or even search for and buy one on any internet retail site), as this is a direct swap, (but as previously mentioned, the conventionally structured blade leaves a dead zone meaning you may as well just go for a 14). My question here is this, does anyone here, from experience/experimentation know what vehicle would be a similar direct substitute to give an 18" blade? So one could say ebay " ?Vehicle? rear aero/flat wiper blade" ?

As you say with the rear blade and the curve of the rear screen give dead spots the wiper doesn't clear, this can be made worse with a wider blade.

Since this thread was first starting I'm usinga  Denso front blade from Euro car parts....best blades on the market :)

Thanks for that Conrod, I might call in to Europarts, (have one near me), for a 28" Denso when the front needs replacing! (Is that conventional, aero, hybrid?)

Just a quick note if anyone is felling inadequate about their rear wiper, my wife's DS5 has an even smaller one ....no really it does.

IMG_20150601_193335.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tony Gee said:

Just a quick note if anyone is felling inadequate about their rear wiper, my wife's DS5 has an even smaller one ....no really it does.

IMG_20150601_193335.jpg

Why did Citroen bother :laugh:

That's hilarious :lol:

They need to change the rear wipers to one of those clever cantilevered things that you get on the front in some cars, or those ones you get on coaches and buses!

I do wonder why the rear window of cars seems to be getting narrower and narrower; You can already see bugger all out of them as it is; They may as well not have one and replace it with a high-res wide-angle camera at this rate!

Ah! But have you noticed that as rear windows get smaller, wing mirrors get bigger, the ones on the DS are at least twice as big as mine on the Aygo. The rear view is mainly to see how close the car behind, but the side mirrors are used to check turns, changing lanes, pulling off roundabouts and off slip roads. This is from the view of a new driver who has just passed his test and so should reflect the current thinking (I hope).

29 minutes ago, Cyker said:

They may as well not have one and replace it with a high-res wide-angle camera

Not sure that fits with the Aygo's budget ethos!?! :-D

But I agree, I remember on my test drive hitting the rear wiper, looking in the mirror and just bursting out laughing!!!

3 hours ago, Wiz201 said:

Replaced my Aygo stock wiper with a bosch one, never looked back

Rear? What size? Type/Model?