Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Aygo (2012 Model) Wiper Blades

AygoWego

46 minutes ago, Plob said:

Rear? What size? Type/Model?

Just the front one, I'm not bothered about the rear one. This is for an Aygo

I fitted a new front one on mine whilst servicing it recently.

its a Quinton Hazell wiper 26" and works perfectly well.

Never heard of them before and I usually buy Bosch but my local car shop only had these and for £6.99 it's great.

25 minutes ago, Raeman said:

Its a Quinton Hazell wiper 26" and works perfectly well.

Never heard of them before and I usually buy Bosch but my local car shop only had these and for £6.99 it's great.

Quinton Hazell are a parts supplier that was established post WWII. Now part of Tetrosyl, who also own brands like Bluecol, Triplewax, Wonder Wheels, T-Cut, Carplan, Moprod, Tetrion, etc.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Quinton Hazell are a parts supplier that was established post WWII. Now part of Tetrosyl, who also own brands like Bluecol, Triplewax, Wonder Wheels, T-Cut, Carplan, Moprod, Tetrion, etc.  

Thanks for the info Frosty.😉

The conventional 26" frame wiper on the front that my Aygo came with is fine, (I think the front glass is very flat, so long as the edge is still good and you get lift off at speed anything will do. Though when required I'm going to replace it with a 28" aero/flat blade)

Has no one tried an 18" 'flex' type blade.on the rear instead of the comedy wiper?

Saw Michelin Stealth - hybrid wiper in ASDA for £13, (£11 TESCO & £10 Amazon)...

• 2 months later...
On 11 March 2016 at 6:42 PM, Plob said:

I know this topic has been cold since last January, but as a new owner I'd like to revive the discussion if I may.

The standard sizes seem to be 26", (660mm), front and 12", (300mm), rear.

The suggested upgrade is to replace the comedy 12" rear with a 16", (400mm), instead, and stick with a 26" at the front.

Looking at, and comparing the clearance and glass areas, surely you could go to 28", (700mm), on the front and 18", (450mm), for the rear, (as an absolute maximum)?

It's been mentioned previously, and having tried both a conventional 16" and 18" on the rear I've noticed it, that the curvature causes the tip of the blade to lose contact with the glass! A problem that would likely be eliminated using aeroblade or hybrid wipers? (Conventional blades flexing inward at the middle and flat/hybrid blades flexing outward throughout their length towards the tips).

Another thing mentioned earlier is the additional friction and therefore strain on the motor caused by fitting a longer blade! Surely such an increase will be miniscule and therefore not an issue particularly on wet glass? (I never use my wipers on dry or frozen glass, it's a surefire way to cause streaking, reduce both the effectiveness and service life of your wiper blades! Anything that causes wear roughening the straight edge. Clearing bug strikes and bird !Removed! can do this too.)

And lastly, I bought a 16" aero blade from ASDA, and of the many fitment options none was compatible with the Aygo's arm! (It's going back for a refund). I have an old conventional 16" blade that is the right fitment but there is insufficient clearance for the blade to articulate on the arm. Now, I've noticed that you can "borrow" the 16" rear wiper off, for example, your wife's Berlingo Multispace, (or even search for and buy one on any internet retail site), as this is a direct swap, (but as previously mentioned, the conventionally structured blade leaves a dead zone meaning you may as well just go for a 14). My question here is this, does anyone here, from experience/experimentation know what vehicle would be a similar direct substitute to give an 18" blade? So one could say ebay " ?Vehicle? rear aero/flat wiper blade" ?

I fitted a 19 inch blade from the passenger side of Fiat seicento front, but Halfords do replacements as singles...

I also altered the park position of the OEM arm, ball joint puller needed. Yes the 19" conventional rubber lifts off at top of screen but only above the sight line cut off by rubber surround.

It was also in junk box.

A straight arm would be better.

to be honest losing some clearing at the top of the rear screen isn't an issue due to the fact when you look out

of the rear window it is more important to have the glass cleared to the sides so going from a 12" to a 16" will

give you extra 2" per side of clear vision so rearward vision will be improved.

2 hours ago, eygo said:

to be honest losing some clearing at the top of the rear screen isn't an issue due to the fact when you look out

of the rear window it is more important to have the glass cleared to the sides so going from a 12" to a 16" will

give you extra 2" per side of clear vision so rearward vision will be improved.

Confirmed but I use a 19 inch so 

= (19-12)/2

= 3.5

but even with the arm reset to just not foul the plastic knob below the hinge there is a cos (x) term.

It still is an effective change and the motor has not burnt out yet.

A 16 inch blade would be better with a larger sweep angle motor.

My insurance did not regard it as a £ change item.

sorry 16" is what we have used in the past

Didn't think of going as far as 19".

Totally agree that clearing width is probably most important, (though being a taller driver being able to see out the top of the window is also important to me).

I'm sure I read somewhere about someone swapping the whole rear arm for one off a mk2 punto. I assume for altered geometry but also possibly for a different attachment. I had a great deal of trouble getting a non standard blade that would go onto the original attachment.

Little disappointed with my hybrid blade, was hoping for more aero/flat type flexibility, but sadly is very 'conventional', I keep meaning to post a pic of my clearance.

OMG I LOVE XMAS!!!

Was in Bargain Buys doing a little shopping when I went past the "DIY & Car" and thought of you...

So I now have a 19" flex aero wiper on the back of mine that clears 100% of its sweep!!!  :-)  AND it only cost £2.99!!!

• Like 1

Ha! Nice find! :thumbsup::laugh:

17 hours ago, Plob said:

OMG I LOVE XMAS!!!

Was in Bargain Buys doing a little shopping when I went past the "DIY & Car" and thought of you...

So I now have a 19" flex aero wiper on the back of mine that clears 100% of its sweep!!!  :-)  AND it only cost £2.99!!!

If you undo the wiper arm and lift the arm off the splines and set it to just clear the hinge that is all you can do with the standard arm.

This is easiest if you stop the wiper on ignition switch at turnaround of travel and you need to leave an inch of clearance at least.

I needed a ball joint puller and two foot breaker to separate my arm!

Im about average height if you are diminutive a 19 with OEM arm may not be optimal, but it is way better than stock 12 inch.

Halfords will sell and fit a 19 inch but the clip on is easy to do even if you are handicapped, as I am.

It is the genetic fitting.

My blade is conventional and lifts off a bit as well as smearing but this does not impede visibility and it may wear in.

The motor has shown no distress.

• 1 month later...

I know it's for only the front but Costco offer the very good Michelin Stealth blades at anywhere around £5-£7 - very very good.

Is that the hybrid one?

I think ASDA has then at half price atm, £7.50, good if you're not a Costco-er!

Had anyone seen a 30in (750mm) blade? Thinking of oversizing the front so I can mount my Dashcam further up the screen and further out of my line of sight...