Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt86 Test Drive

benchan

Hi,

Guys, I've been posting irregularly in the Aygo forum because I've been a proud owner of one but now I'm thinking of ditching it...

I'm wondering if anyone's managed to get booked in for a test driver for the automatic version of GT86, in central Scotland?

I contacted my local dealer who told me he might be able to arrange a test drive on a used one but that never got anywhere...

I even emailed Toyota GB head office twice in the last month regarding availability of auto version for test drive around Glasgow but got no response whatsoever! Apparently these GT86 are selling like hot cakes?

I'm not really into cars but I have a 54 reg Z4 and a 55 reg Aygo, both of which I have kept from new and are getting rather expensive to maintain now. I am thinking of getting the new MX5 to replace the two, when it is released later in the year but I would definitely want to try the 86 before then.

Anyone know a good dealer around Glasgow who has the auto version in stock? Also anyone have suggestions for a small / medium sized rear drive coupe / roadster that handles well, won't break that bank, doesn't got too fast, not too flashy, and mechanically reliable? I got around £50K budget allocated.

Ben

Arnold Clark Bishopbriggs had a Giallo in the showroom just before Xmas.

I doubt that the GT86 is selling like hotcakes - iirc they only sold ~1000 in the UK in 2014. Stock levels probably reflect that level of demand though.

Western in Dunfermline & Edinburgh East have what look like manual demos for sale so you should be able to get a test drive in those.

I was in contact with them before Xmas but I just assumed they sold the used one.

Yeah, I saw that one in yellow, I doubt they'd let me take that out for a spin though.