Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid - Icon Or Excel?

hazelwoods

I've had my Yaris Hybrid T4 for 18 months. I love it.

AS it is almost the end of the 64 registration period my local dealer is trying to sell as many cars as possible to keep their quota levels.

So. not really surprisingly, I've had a call to tell me I could have a brand new, top of the range, car for less than I am paying at present. I'm used to this tactic so I wasn't surprised.

I'm going to have a look tomorrow. I'm tempted but there would need to be a bit more negotiation. If I bite the bullet it'll be because I like the deal.

When I bought my T4 it was pointed out that the top of the range had bigger wheels and thus slightly poorer MPG.

I obviously wouldn't get as good a deal on an Icon v an Excel but what are the main differences? I, so far, haven't found the info I'm looking for online, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks in advance for any help

Surely that first link is now out of date and not relevant to the current Yaris available for sale currently?

• Like 1

The OP currently has a T4 - which is detailed in the first link.

The second link outlines the specs of the Icon and Excel.

The intention was that by looking at the two links, one should be able to see how the specs differ between the T4, the Icon and the Excel.

• Like 1

Just as a bit of info the Excel can now be ordered with 15" wheels giving top spec levels but with Icon economy levels.

• Like 1

Just as a bit of info the Excel can now be ordered with 15" wheels giving top spec levels but with Icon economy levels.

quite right - and in the main price list, it lists both versions with the same final price (£17,695), but showing:

Tyre size CO2 BIK tax
15" 75 5%
16" 82 11%
so if it's a company car it makes a big difference to the tax.
It's mentioned on the bottom of page 4 of the price list on:
I can't see a reference to it anywhere else though, and it's not an option given in the "build your Yaris" section.
By rights, 15" wheels shouldn't be a no cost option, it should be a reduced cost option! And what a cheek charging extra for solid white now!
  • Like 1

Both 2015 Excel and Icon are the same price of £15,800 at drivethedeal

Both 2015 Excel and Icon are the same price of £15,800 at drivethedeal

That's interesting. We are looking at hybrid Yaris to replace ageing 2005 Yaris.

Drive the deal quoted 13,300 for an icon hybrid yaris (in red).

Does the price change depending on what's available?

Price probably does change Alan, as, if your are on the mailing list, special offers plop ther regularly....some very juicy indeed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links