Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Oil Or Abs Dash Warning Lights Is The Right?

justinbarrow

I have a 2007 Auris and I have only just noticed today that when I turn the ignition key that there is no warning dashboard lights for ABS or Oil which got me a bit worried. The car displays all other lights such as Airbag, Battery, engine management etc.

Has anyone else found this as it seems a bit strange to me as all cars I have owned have had these warning lights.

Thanks for any help with this everyone.

My 2009 definitely has an ABS light, I can't remember particularly noticing an oil light but will check next time I start it.

Might be of help to know from your profile, whether your Auris is petrol or diesel and which engine it is.

I've just checked mine, when I turn the ignition on there's an ABS light but no oil light.

I've just checked mine, when I turn the ignition on there's an ABS light but no oil light.

Is yours a new model (the one that has an angry face at the front) or the pre 2011 version.

Thanks everyone.

Might be of help to know from your profile, whether your Auris is petrol or diesel and which engine it is.

Its petrol 2007 model year as for engine I don't know

Is yours a new model (the one that has an angry face at the front) or the pre 2011 version.

Thanks everyone.

Mine's the original pre facelift shape so should be basically the same as yours. The lack of oil light before the engine starts seems to be normal on a lot of models of car now, it's often disabled by the ECU for the first few seconds to avoid people mistakenly thinking it means the oil is low.

The lack of ABS light is more of a worry. As far as I know every car with ABS is supposed to have a warning light self-test routine when the ignition is switched on. I wonder if a previous owner blanked out or removed the light to hide a fault?

Its petrol 2007 model year as for engine I don't know

Presumably then it is either a 1.4 or 1.6

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links