Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Avensis D4D Gurgling Sound

thatch

Hi Guys

I have a 2002 avensis d4d with 330k on the clock. This past few weeks it makes like a water gurgling noise every morning when cold but it now does it when warm as well. The heater goes cold as well unless i rev it. I always top up the coolant level and the heater comes back, then about 3 days later the heater goes cold and have to top it up again. I have put it in a dry shed for a few nights but no signs of leaks. But i noticed it would blow out the water from the overflow pipe in one go, this has happened quite a few times then no heater again. Car never overheats and is driving perfect otherwise. I have been told it pressurising the system which could indicate head gasket problems? Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Paddy

This usually indicates one of two problems. Either an airlock in the cooling system or, as you have stated, the head gasket is gone. Best and possibly cheapest initial option is to have the system pressure tested and/or bled.

Thanks for that...I'm sure any mechanic could test it or bleed it?