Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Salary Sacrifice Company Car Scheme - £27 Per Month For Auris?

spog1

Hi,

My wife works for the NHS and has recently been told of their new company car scheme. I've sought some quotes on her behalf (she doesn't mind as long as it is red and reliable :thumbsup: ) and have worked out that the Auris 1.33 Active is especially good value - a bit basic I accept but I am still comparing cars (Civic and the Skoda Rapid Spaceback or Fabia Estate). The thing is I can't quite believe the quote (see attachment)

Auris vs Skoda quotes.pdf

Salary sacrifice quote for Auris.pdf

Does anyone know what this means? :g: It seems very cheap if this is the true cost per month. I suspect it is more complicated than this and I appreciate it has to do with the car's CO2 and list price and also that pensions can be affected, but I was wanting to replace our 1.8 vvt-i Verso 2007 with 110k miles on for something newer and smaller soon anyway.

Thanks

Really want the Icon or Icon plus but these are significantly more. I'll see what the civic quote is and then decide. Dashboard on civic might be too spaceship like for my better half, not saying she can't do tech but doesn't like change and at the moment we have a verso and a yaris

Auris good value for money however its a really boring car and will depreciate ALOT.

any volume car will but depreciation should be taken into account in the monthly rental figures.

Yes they will have taken depreciation into account in those figures. If they're only leasing the car what does depreciation matter to the customer? They just hand the car back at the end of the 36 months!

Yup thats true. Go for it, looks like a good deal. However I think (quote me if im wrong) company car tax is calculated on the emissions. Try finding out the quote for the hybrid 1.8, not sure but I think it may be cheaper. Anyway, the Auris is a good reliable car which your probably looking for. Not sure but that seems a little too good to be true, if it is true thats a good deal, £27 a month!!! Not to mention you get 20k miles a year allowance.

Good luck

Just to clarify: is this a company car scheme, where part of the lease is paid by the employer due to the job requiring a car (and the employee has the option to contribute in order to have a more expensive car)?

Or is it a straightforward salary sacrifice scheme where the car is leased by the employee but the lease payments are taken from their pre-tax wage?

If the latter, then £27 pm is extremely cheap. If the former, then it's steep for a base model Auris.

I have both a company car (Auris Touring Excel hybrid, the lease is actually £20 pm less than my allowance so I get money back! BIK tax is about £90 pm.) and a salary sacrifice car for my partner which allowing for the income tax and NI saving costs £260 pm, including the BIK.

Hi, i control salary sacrifice at our nhs trust. Those figures look a bit odd. Saving less VAT? Should it no be Plus VAT ?