Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Discontinued

MccLtd

Just noticed on the toyota UK site that the IQ's been discontinued.

Are there any unusual parts on an IQ that would make sense to sell it now?

The iQ has been discontinued. To find out about a used iQ click here, or contact your local Toyota Centre. The iQ has been discontinued. To find out about a used iQ click here, or contact your local Toyota Centre.

Parts will be available for a few years yet - for example, 1.0 litre engines are shared with the Aygo, Yaris and, in the case of the 1.33, Yaris, Auris and Urban Cruiser.

So there is no need to consider selling the car now

Rover as a company went bust 10 years ago and their cars are still on the road.

Many Japanese grey imports are still on the road after 10-15 years.

As others have said, many parts are shared with other cars. The IQ will be a future class I think, though doubtful a profitable one.

It was news to me :(

Surprised to read that my 1.3 engine is the same as in the Yaris and Auris as I find my daughter 1litre Aygo to have more power.

Do love the IQ thou so it wont be going anywhere for a while.

afaik it's still in production (for the moment) but no longer exported to Europe & shortly the USA.

I noticed the Toyota website saying that at the beginning of this week as well, but it's been on the cards for some time. Our dealer told us 18 months ago that it was likely to be pulled before we were due to complete the contract and renew or buy it out, its lasted longer than I thought it would, especially with the new Aygo turning out a better car than the last one. Last I heard was someone saying that they had stopped production and were just using up the remaining stock in the UK.

Anyone else looked at the new Smart Car? we had a peak last weekend and it's a huge improvement on the last one, its done in conjunction with Renault's new Twingo. I like it, the build quality is far superior to the old one, but the rear wheel drive still puts me off big time, I watched an old one struggling up a very shallow but icy hill in Aberdeen on Tuesday with a long queue of cars behind it fizzing...

Yep the new Smart has certainly been influenced by the IQ.

Thing is, and I know I'm in my 40's and thus old, can anyone make head nor tail of the Smart UK website? Where's my nearest dealer and how much is the electric version?

Anyone else looked at the new Smart Car? we had a peak last weekend and it's a huge improvement on the last one, its done in conjunction with Renault's new Twingo. I like it, the build quality is far superior to the old one, but the rear wheel drive still puts me off big time, I watched an old one struggling up a very shallow but icy hill in Aberdeen on Tuesday with a long queue of cars behind it fizzing...

Like the Twingo, the Smart is rear engined/rear wheel drive.

The Smart Fortwo electric drive is still the old Smart for the UK market - http://uk.smart.com/uk/en/index/smart-fortwo-electric-drive.html

Like the Twingo, the Smart is rear engined/rear wheel drive.

The Smart Fortwo electric drive is still the old Smart for the UK market - http://uk.smart.com/uk/en/index/smart-fortwo-electric-drive.html

Try buying one and it reverts to the non electric new version.

Shame. £15k would suit us and savings on petrol would cover the extra costs.

Still can't make head nor tail of their website though.

Just noticed on the toyota UK site that the IQ's been discontinued.

Are there any unusual parts on an IQ that would make sense to sell it now?

The iQ has been discontinued.

To find out about a used iQ click here, or contact your local Toyota Centre.

The iQ has been discontinued.

To find out about a used iQ click here, or contact your local Toyota Centre.

Just because the model is being discontinued like all out of production Toyota's ,the spares will be made for a good 20 years plus, and if you couldn't buy new you can buy used.

I've read in more than one place that automotive manufacturers are supposed to provide spares and support for 10 years minimum. After that it probably depends on how much money they make on each model. Cars with large sales figures will probably keep spares and aftermarket retailers going for some time after, but vehicles with low sales figures may prove more challenging where parts are unique to it I suspect. Mechanical bits on the IQ should be OK theres lots of bits common with other Toyotas here and there I reckon, trim and interior bits may prove more difficult late on. The great thing though is the iQ is popular in japan where the manufacture is based, so there should be no problem long term, prices might be higher than other makes though.

Just my tuppence, Don't panic Mr Manwaring etc...

Its been 10 years in April/May that Rover went bump. OK some body parts became difficult to get (eg doors), but generally speaking a lot of parts are available for a manufacturer that no longer exists.

Don't think there should be any problem with Toyota parts for a few years yet.

Its been 10 years in April/May that Rover went bump. OK some body parts became difficult to get (eg doors), but generally speaking a lot of parts are available for a manufacturer that no longer exists.

Don't think there should be any problem with Toyota parts for a few years yet.

Rover is not a fair example to use as the whole Rover empire went bust over night, Toyota are just discontinuing one model that I suspect will still be sold in its homeland.

Toyota are one of the best in the business for older spares, Ford,Vauxhall etc many ten years, Toyota as long a 25-30 years on some parts.

Early bits for models like mk1 Celica can still be purchased , and that was built in 1971 !

Actually Rover didn't go overnight - at the time I was working for a government department and involved in the exercise to assist employees afterwards, and the government knew that Rover were going before the announcement.

Actually Rover didn't go overnight - at the time I was working for a government department and involved in the exercise to assist employees afterwards, and the government knew that Rover were going before the announcement.

Either way Rover is still a poor example to use, Toyota have just discontinued one model not gone to the wall !

No it isn't a poor example - as there are parts still available for Rover cars 10 years after they went under, then customers of a manufacturer who are still in business but who are discontinuing a model, have nothing to fear as regards parts availability. In fact it is quite a good example!

• Like 1

I've read in more than one place that automotive manufacturers are supposed to provide spares and support for 10 years minimum. After that it probably depends on how much money they make on each model. Cars with large sales figures will probably keep spares and aftermarket retailers going for some time after, but vehicles with low sales figures may prove more challenging where parts are unique to it I suspect. Mechanical bits on the IQ should be OK theres lots of bits common with other Toyotas here and there I reckon, trim and interior bits may prove more difficult late on. The great thing though is the iQ is popular in japan where the manufacture is based, so there should be no problem long term, prices might be higher than other makes though.

Just my tuppence, Don't panic Mr Manwaring etc...

Toyota have diluted themselves around the world and models built in their homeland are not seen overseas, yet they also make cars in the far corners of the world that are not seen on home soil.

The Aygo is an example of that,not sold in Japan.. so even if the spares dry up sooner on that model, the UK have the back up of Citreon and Peugeot for mechanical Spares and interior trim :)

• Like 1

I'm still running a 55 plate long discontinued 3 door rav , no problem with toyota spares for older discontinued models, I wouldn't worry about iq spares, you'll have got rid long before they run out of bits

What a shame, I think most people who actually buy the IQ LOVE THEM

We own a 1.0 A2 auto..... simple to drive great MPG and drives much refined as many other small cars. Build quality is typical Japanese much better in my opinion than the Aygo or Yaris. Enough said Mr T has his reasons

• Like 1

My second IQ is comming up to it's third birthday and so my mind drifted to thoughts of getting a lovely new one and therefore logged in to the Toyota website. What a shock! No Tardis in the list of cars. A little more digging and lo & behold, the dread word "Discontinued"!

I have had 4 Yarises until I fell in love with the IQ., the reference to the "Tardis" comes from all my friends who have travelled in my car.

My husband (6'3) loves driving it, we took it touring Ireland where it's ability to turn on a sixpence was much appreciated. But where to now? The Aygo does not have a 1.3 engine option and a Yaris with the same spec as IQ3 will cost me over £17k. Bye bye Totota.

• Like 2

I am trading up to an iQ2 next Saturday, after finding it had been discontinued I managed to find a pre registered 1.0 (Sept 14) with only 25 miles on it so it was get it or loose my chance of a new/nearly new one. Given the option I might have gone for a 1.33 model but I will get used to it. I always wanted an iQ and was always disappointed the diesel never came to the UK, that would have been great!

Having had 7 other Toyotas since 1993 I wanted another but thought the Yaris has got a bit expensive and I've never been a fan of the Toyota/PSA collaboration. The iQ has always seemed a quality product so it's a shame it has been stopped!

• Like 1

I am trading up to an iQ2 next Saturday, after finding it had been discontinued I managed to find a pre registered 1.0 (Sept 14) with only 25 miles on it so it was get it or loose my chance of a new/nearly new one. Given the option I might have gone for a 1.33 model but I will get used to it. I always wanted an iQ and was always disappointed the diesel never came to the UK, that would have been great!

Having had 7 other Toyotas since 1993 I wanted another but thought the Yaris has got a bit expensive and I've never been a fan of the Toyota/PSA collaboration. The iQ has always seemed a quality product so it's a shame it has been stopped!

You could be making a very wise move as its value should hold firm being one of the last UK ones :)

You could be making a very wise move as its value should hold firm being one of the last UK ones :)

That sounds good!

Haven't dine bad on my Yaris lost under 6k in 6 years and it hasn't cost me anything to run.

Is that your Aygo we looked at one that colour in the showroom when I put the deposit on the iQ, the missus said it wasn't my colour but she would have one?