Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Fuel Sender Unit

Prashanth

Hello

My Carina E 1993 1.6 GLi, automatic has a problem with the fuel gauge not registering a full tank.

The mechanic is sure that the problem is with the fuel sender unit but I'm unable to find a matching part on any website. The only parts I'm able to locate are fuel pumps and fuel filters.

Can anyone help me locate the right part on a website? Thank you so much.

The fuel gauge meter is asembled with the fuel pump.If the meter is "dead" take the pump out and replace it as a whole set.If it does not register o full fuel tank then there must be dirt on the sender.Perhaps you need to clean the fuel tank,Hope that i have helped you.

Thank you gnikas. I'm looking for the 'float' part that is inside the tank. All the spares that I see online are marked as 'fuel pump' and that does not seem to be what we need.

The gauge meter seems to be ok because it goes from empty to half-tank. Maybe the tank needs to be cleaned, I'll certainly try that out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links