Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Washers Not Working

RichT180

Hi,

any advice please. No water coming out the front or rear washers on our Auris. Bottle is full and both pumps are working so i suspect a blockage in the filters. Really don't want to start dismantling the car to get to the filters so does anyone know of a quick fix? Was thinking about dropping in a dishwasher tablet?

Cheers Rich

Problem with the dishwasher tablet will be that as the water isn't heated, the tablet won't dissolve properly and may adversely affect the plastics as it is quite a harsh detergent. Aren't there a couple of one way valves in the tubing (usually as part of a Y connector) which may be blocked.

There's one under the bonnet but that wouldn't affect the rear washer too would it? I suppose my next question is what's the easiest way to get to the bottle?

I'm sure you'll have thought of this but... is it cold enough where you are for them to be frozen?

You'll have to remove the front bumper to access the washer bottle and pump, video on Youtube which is near enough the same.

Incidentally, grouch I have about the new Auris washer bottle - they used to have a plastic tube attached to the cap that acted like a dipstick to let you see the level of fluid in the bottle and now there's no tube attached. Talk about Scrooge economics, they make a Scotsman look like a spendthrift.

post-140480-0-22093300-1423327423_thumb.

• Like 1

Just a no brainer idiotic notion, would say something like a bike pump connected to the tubing and pulling the piston back to create a vacuum that may draw the gunge through the filter and up through the system allowing water to flow again?

Del

• Like 1

Ill try the bike pump on the morrow, sounds like a good plan.

Blocked nozzles (not so sure that is your issue here) are something I have encountered on the Auris. Easy fix, gory details here,

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/160325-poor-spray-pattern-from-washers-here-is-a-quick-tip/

If you suspect the filter in the bottle then a piece of hose to syphon the water out of the bottle while at the same time squirting a strong jet of water into the bottle works wonders. The gunge that comes out can be substantial.

Loved the bike pump idea but it didn't work, changed the y connector under the bonnet, result!!!! Back washer still not working but the wife is safe and i've got brownie points in the bank. Thanks guys

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links