Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Repair Advice

JB0

I had my Toyota Auris put through the full service at the Toyota service centre. I completed most of the recommended repairs. However, they advised that the near side front bottom arm bush is starting to come away from th housing and they are quoting £299.99.

Can anyone please advise what other garages may charge for such a repair? If the difference is only £30 or so, then I'm thinking il just get it repaired at Toyota. I have rang Kwik fit and other garages, but they want to put it on a ramp and check for themselves before quoting a price.

Thanks

Tbh I would go with who u trust and I definitely wouldn't touch kick fit .... Bunch of pikeys will probably flog you a drive shaft at the same time and say that is on its way out or something they are awful try some independent garages they will probably undercut to get the work or could be cheaper anyway ... 300 quid to change a Bush seems a bit steep on a newer car it's not gonna be stuck in there as much as a Bush on a 15 year old car ( that's goin from experience )

Here's a picture of one of the rear radius arm bushes on my 2013 Toyota Auris at 1 year old.

post-140480-0-39309700-1423563976_thumb.

The bottom arm (genuine) is £202, you cannot buy bushes for the arm. On that basis you are looking at about 1 hours labour. You would probably save yourself £50 by fitting at an independent. Have a word with your dealer to see if they can shave the price for you, they might lower the labour rate or discount the part for you. You could buy the correct part from me and have a garage fit it for you

Kingo :thumbsup:

Cheers Kingo. I will take it to an independent garage tomorrow and see what they quote.

Also, they have quoted me £299.99 for rear break discs advising they are worn. How much can you get genuine parts for that?

Thanks

PM Me your reg number and post code, I will get you a price

Kingo

Have a look at Toyota's Fixed Price repair scheme - http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/repairs-and-parts

£215 for Auris rear discs and pads fitted.

Just be aware that not all Toyota dealers may operate the Fixed Price Repair scheme

Hi mate. If I was you I wouldent go to Toyota since your cars not in warranty and is quite old. Best thing to do is go to a independent garage in your area which is well known and have them do it. It will probally be half the price and get your part from www.eurocarparts.co.uk, you can pick up the part or have it delivered to you. Im no mechanic but if toyota is charging £200 for the part, im guessing it will be about £80 part and maybe £40 fitting.

Also the brakes, I have seen on eBay and on eurocarparts prices like £13 for set of 4. I know they will not be of good quality but you can invest more, such as £40 and to fit it will cost about £50.

I am takin to local garage tomorrow and I will see what they quote. I may ask for price of non toyota frontside arm bush and rear discs.

I replaced my brake discs and pads got a decent brand and paid about 60 quid ( obviously when changing discs you change the pads ) ... If you aren't sure about a garage in particular the are certain ones that are recommended by officials or something I seen that local council have a list of recommended garage as well as the good garage scheme just if you aren't sure who to take it to ... I wouldn't be keen on spending £13 on brakes though as they are the things that stop you ... I was a bit surprised when the independent garages I use said oh the parts from this place have a guarantee for as long as you own the car and all there's a yrs warranty on the rest as that is what their part supplier does

I have just had car checked at local independent garage and they said they can't see anything wrong with the arm bush. They advised me not to pay £299 as it should drive perfectly fine the way it is.

Now, is this Toyota trying to rip me off?

Is it knocking over bumps or under breaking or acceleration or anything or not quite handling right ... Did they show you anything or tbh if a private garage has said it's fine chances are there ain't nothing wrong as why would they turn down work

Breaking and acceleration seem to be fine.

Knocking over bumps? Do you mean if it makes a louder than usual noise?

Ye more noise in that area or metal on metal or like something is loose

I rang toyota and explained to them that an independent garage checked the front arm bush and could not find anything wrong with it. I asked can you please explain what specifically needs replacing or repairing. He just read what was on the service sheet and said if you bring it in, we can show you.

This has made quite distrustful of toyota now. The only issue is that my wheels need aligning. However, toyota advised me that I should get the front arm bush replaced first as the alignment will deteriorate until the bush isn't fixed.

I'm confuse now.

Replacing a Bush could ruin alignment depending how much of a pain it is to remove try another garage so you have a third opinion but I can't see it ruining the alignment tbh I have driven some cars on ruined bushes and never had to do alignment after replacing ... I stand by the fact if a private garage has said it's fine then can't be anything wrong as you would think they would want to take the job to get the money ....

I've had mixed work with Toyota as when someone reversed into my car they did a fantastic job and also for recalls but when I went in to get a puncture repair it took them nearly 2 hrs to fix a puncture .... And it wasn't busy in there either I was one of only three cars there was a handful of them gathered round the wheel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links