Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Previa In-Car Entertainment System

Tayswain

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I bought a Toyota Previa T-Spirit 2.0 litre diesel and it has a dvd monitor in the roof, but I can't figure out how to use it. I can turn the monitor on with the remote, but can't get a picture to come up on it. We tried putting a dvd in the sat nav/radio, but it didn't recognise the disc. We have tried connecting a household dvd to the 3 sockets that are on the side of the gear stick, but can't get it to work. Today I telephoned Toyota and asked them and he told me to look under the seat, which my husband had already done, but he missed it, as you have to go to the front of the driver's seat to see it. It already had a gps navigation disc in it and when we took that out the sat nav didn't work. I tried to put a dvd in it, but still couldn't get a picture to come up on the monitor, so I am not sure if this dvd player under the seat is just for the sat nav. Can anyone else help me? Am doing something wrong? Thanks

UPDATE: I have now found another DVD player under the passenger front seat. It is communicating with the screen, because you can see loading... on the screen, but then it says Playback error, eject disc, so I am still not sure what the problem is.

Edited by Tayswain

Hi I have had the same problem,but found mine would play the cheap pound shop DVDS ,which are all region. For some reason they work. Mine has since stopped working,I think it must be the remote control but I do not want to buy one from Toyota in case it is the player. If there is a member that has got a reasonably priced one I would be interested.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Jeff. I will give one of the pound shop dvd's a go and let you know if it works. I hope you have some luck with the remote control.

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Toyota Previa T Spirit Auto 2.4 2004 model.

Did you manage to solve the problem?

If the Previa is non-UK spec the DVD player may be set to a different Region - hence Region free DVD's will play.

Hi Astroscope,

No I haven't sorted the problem yet. I still need to try a multi region dvd. Thanks Frostyballs, that makes sense, but I don't think it was imported.

• 4 years later...