Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark 1 Aygo Painted Like Mark 2 X

PFJ

Just curious if anyone has thought about getting their pre-2014 aygo altered/painted to have the black X on the front?

PFJ

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it would look too good to be honest, it would just look out of place.

Do a photoshop and see what it looks like and then post the result to see what other people options are

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What think yea?

Do a photoshop and see what it looks like and then post the result to see what other people options are

post-142884-0-05299200-1426448413_thumb.

Shows the new car is more like the old car than we were led to believe. Looks ok but see how it does with age as the x could date very quickly. Still love the look of the new Aygo just not the price.

The Joint Venture that produce the Aygo/108/C1 made no secret of the fact the new cars are based on the original models - Aygo/107/C1. They share the same wheelbase and body architecture (although the rake of the front screen has been changed slightly).

Nowadays, very few 'new' cars are 'all new'.

Examples: the current Auris is a re-work of the first generation and retained the Type Approval of the 2007 model; the 'new' just released Opel/Vauxhall Corsa is a similar re-work of the previous model, and still shares it's floorpan with the current Fiat Punto; the new Vauxhall Viva is a version of the second generation Chevrolet Spark - a re-work of the first generation Spark; etc.

The salesman tried to justify the huge price rise with the fact it was an entirely new car and that's what I was paying for but I didn't buy his talk. I agree many manufacturers do that with two generations of cars as it makes sense to be fair. Just wish they could have kept the price lower. Keep reading about the VW Up being the best, has anyone tried one as they look boxy but well made?

We had a Skoda Citigo Elegance (the Skoda version of the Up - the Seat, Skoda and Up are made in the same factory in Slovakia) for four days in March 2014. OK, although the stop/start system on it seemed quite crude when restarting the engine. Not convinced the system is well matched to the engine. Also the VAG warranty is a lot poorer than either Hyundai or Toyota - not just in terms of warranty length, but in the exclusions after six months. Don't think I'd buy one.

We've also had one of the new Hyundai i10's and one of the new Aygos for four days each.

The salesman tried to justify the huge price rise with the fact it was an entirely new car and that's what I was paying for but I didn't buy his talk. I agree many manufacturers do that with two generations of cars as it makes sense to be fair. Just wish they could have kept the price lower. Keep reading about the VW Up being the best, has anyone tried one as they look boxy but well made?

The Hyundai I10 and Skoda Citigo are competitive in price.

I don't like the i10 just because the economy and running costs don't match the others which is why you buy a city car in the first place. The Up variants look boxy but do look well made and a bit more upmarket than the Aygo yet are well priced. The Aygo looks the best although it has some floors. It's the comfort that killed me with the Aygo Mk 1 and the price that's killed me with the Mk 2. Last curtesy car I had was a Honda Jazz, good on fuel but wasn't otherwise impressed.

At the end of the day it is what you want from a car. With the 17 new cars we've had, economy and running costs have never been a high priority for us. Yes, both aspects enter into the equation, but, for us, things like interior space, boot space, reliability, warranty coverage, etc are more important. We run two cars and have had cars from superminis to an MPV. Currently we have an i20 and an Auris.

Different people have different priorities.

Most city cars start from between £8200 and £8800 (the Aygo being £8600 and the Up £8800) and go up to around £11,000 - the Aygo goes to £11,700, and the Up to £13,800 !! And that is ignoring the e-Up at £19,300.

The Aygo I looked at went to £11,910 and with interest over three years was almost 13K although it was a nice car. If money isn't an object don't you wanna go for a more comfortable car like I have? I only do city cars as new ones it's all I can afford but would love a medium size family car brand new if I have the chance

The prices I quoted were list prices - by the time you add on any accessories they obviously cost more. As I said the top spec Up (the Rock Up 5 door) surpasses the Aygo in terms of list price by over £2,000!

That was the five door expression model with metallic paint but maybe the price has come down now.

For me the most important thing in a car is reliability which Toyota score very highly on. Then comes running costs and comfort. It's the comfort the Mk 1 let me down on otherwise it was a great car.

Depriciation wasn't great though but acceptable.

Ignoring all that I posted that picture on the Citroen forum must have made a few members think about modifications:)

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Ignoring all that I posted that picture on the Citroen forum must have made a few members think about modifications:)

For me, and it's a personal taste thing so I know others will disagree, I absolutely hate the X on the front of many of the newer Toyotas. It's a look that I think will age quickly, so I certainly wouldn't even think about adding the X to a Mark 1 - which for me is a more timeless and stylish design thatn the Mark 2.

As to whether or not the X design will date quickly is open to question. At least it doesn't remind me of Sloth Fratelli from The Goonies - which the C1 does.

I said it would be a personal opinion thing :driving: