Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Port

danny100

Hi, i wonda has anyone got a usb input mod.for the inbuilt cd player??

In the USA, the Scion iQ has a USB port (as well as an extra door locking button) - is this the sort of thing you're interested in doing?

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

post-141159-142421913658_thumb.jpg

You can buy simple USB ports from eBay that connect to 12v and provide a charging point. I have one but haven't yet installed it.

All it does is provide power though which is fine for charging phones and running satnavs but it wouldn't integrate with the stereo or anything.

Craig.

Craig

Just a note most of them are ok for charging phones but you need a higher than the usual 500m/a for charging an ipad

David

i ve got a bluetooth, aux in device, it plug in cigarette lighter plug, its has Fm transmitter, so tune the car radio to certain frequency, it i ll pick up, n belt it out tho the speaker, also did abit of reserch.. there are some usb interface kit for sale in germany, for toyota s, basically plug in back of the oem radio, then usb female the other end

• 4 weeks later...

HI friends, i need a usb port too with my japan version of iq , it has not from factory, i wish to install it like the picture of Cris above, any suggestions or links? thank you. i want it for charging iphones and i pad as i saw that i need more power for ipads, is it ok ?

The USA Scion has a different audio system which facilitates the USB socket

Simply get the very low profile cigarette lighter usb adapter which is flush with the socket once installed. This has a1-2 amp rating so can support the ipad

David

• 2 years later...

Is there a way to have an SD-card or USB-port for playing media in the IQ 2010? There is no more analogue radio broadcast here in Norway, and my fascination with playing sounds from spinning media is limited to vinyls.

For the road I would really like to have SD-card reader for audio books.

At the moment I load the M4Bs onto my iPhone and then play through the aux in which is just confusing; at least for me that use the phone as a phone and not a media center.

When it comes to USB for charging I CCL( Couldn't Care Less )

On 19 February, 2015 at 7:18 PM, danny100 said:

i ve got a bluetooth, aux in device, it plug in cigarette lighter plug, its has Fm transmitter, so tune the car radio to certain frequency, it i ll pick up, n belt it out tho the speaker, also did abit of reserch.. there are some usb interface kit for sale in germany, for toyota s, basically plug in back of the oem radio, then usb female the other end

Link?

If you have only the standard radio/CD player then FM tx usb is probably the way to go easily. Espescially as you have lots of available space on the FM Band due to Norway turning FM statiins off. 

I haveva Tns350 and a 510 before that. I bought the USB connection harness for it for my iPhone 4 at the time, 30pin connector. Of course upgrade phone to lightning connector and no available lead for it making me make my own. The original USB socket from the back of tbe tns 510 to centre consule was over £100!!!! From Toyota for essencially a plug and socket and a short piece of cable. No active components. Moving to the tns 350 the player is built in but leaves a lot to be desired. You have to copy files and label them in a way it reconizes. 

David

Hi All, listen to Tarquin, David, he has helped me out, so much for over a month, a master at electrics/electronics, he know's what he is talking about. (Thank you David for you extreme help!) Mike.