Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Yaris 1.8 Sr

paul27

This was the horrific end of my Yaris 1.8 SR. (57-Reg)

A couple of days before this event, my fuel gauge stopped working so Inchcape Toyota Sandhurst fixed the issue or so I thought.......

As I was driving along the A31 towards Guildford, Smoke started to appear from behind the Dash, by the time I stopped the car it was ABLAZE, luckily I didn't get burned but inhailed lots of smoke.......

post-73037-0-45507200-1424258935_thumb.j

post-73037-0-23144900-1424258956_thumb.j

post-73037-0-18281500-1424258972_thumb.j

post-73037-0-25310500-1424259016_thumb.j

post-73037-0-26831600-1424259036_thumb.j

post-73037-0-21224600-1424259066_thumb.j

Suppose the issue is that there may now be nothing left to prove or disprove whether the work on the fuel gauge was the cause of the fire. Like the car, I bet you were gutted.

• Like 1

Holy ****! :eek:

I hope you're okay; Smoke inhalation can be a bit of a ***** if it gets deep in the lungs... :unsure:

Glad you're otherwise unhurt tho', that must have been one hell of a brown trousers moment :eek:

Is anyone going to look into it to find the cause or is it just a case of sort out the insurance and go car hunting...?

That must have been rather scary.

It did scare me tbh, but then it would anyone!!!!!!!

This happened a while ago, the Fire Chief did his report and said it was an electrical fault, because I had Finance on the car, after this event I then refused point blank to pay for a car I could no longer use, also something that wasn't fit for sale (unfit for use act) I was then in lenthly meetings with the dealership/Toyota UK and Toyota Finance, and none of them would admit Liability, so I had no choice but to Claim on my Insurance, to which it put my premium up.

I then got the Financial Ombudsman involved and I couldn't ask for a better service, they sent an investigation officer to see the remains for there report , and they confirmed the Fire Chief was right.

Toyota UK then sent a independent asesser out but they were not playing ball so to speak, subsequently they then destroyed the evidence and had it crushed, this then made my case with the ombudsman even stronger as they were obviously trying to cover this up.

In the end after a lot of going Forwards n Backwards I won my case, they wiped off any outstanding Finance and got £1000.00 compensation, I would always recommend the Financial Ombudsman even if it's just for advice.......

Sorry to hear about this, glad you're unhurt.

As a fellow 1.8 SR owner, I'll watch out for this!