Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem After Main Deal Service, Acceptable?

redmini963

Had my iq3 serviced at Harry Feeney in Blackpool a couple of weeks ago, it was a full plus service after picking the car up i drove 5 miles and engine management light and traction control lights came on. Called them up straight away only to be told this could just be a coincident that they have came on just after they had serviced it. But i asked if i could bring it back and have it checked out. So another 5 miles back to the garage and turns out it was there fault someone didn't fit the vacume switch or connector correctly. Not had any further problems yet but is this a good service from a Toyota main dealer. I'm disappointed with them.

Anyone think differently?

Mistakes do happen, and it may be an isolated instance. Obviously the initial response could have been more positive. Unless another forum member can highlight their experience with this dealer, whether good or bad, it is difficult to judge whether the work done by the service department at this location is generally of a high standard or not.

Was there any reason they removed the connector on the service? Seems a bit odd those sort of things don't normally get disconnected!

• Like 1

A sensor needs to be disconnected to remove the air filter housing and change the air filter so it could well have been that one.

Sounds like a simple mistake to me. If they apologised and rectified the fault straight away, I'd be happy enough with them, Hard to see what more they could have done?

Craig.

• Like 2

I have not had experience with this particular Toyota dealer, but my past experinces of severeral local dealers has not been a good one, I reported my problems to Toyota and they seemed dis intrested, such a shame, as the IQ is a good car. I then went to buy an IQ from my local Vauxhall dealer and had a totally different experience and would buy from them again in the future. It seems Toyota make good cars, but in mine and others experience, they are let down by their dealer network and the lack of intrest to do anything about it.

• Like 1

Darren, I understand your viewpoint, however, I have been lucky with my dealer. When I first went to William A. Lewis in Shrewsbury the people there were friendly, helpful, and as far as I can tell, a good job done on the car. They are the same people from what I can see, but now are a Greenhous Dealership. My brief experience with Lindop Toyota in Wrexham was the same when I bought my Yokohama winter tyres there. It is a shame that many dealerships around the country, not just Toyota, can spoil the ownership experience because they can't be bothered to make an effort.

One of my sons is the general manager (I think that was what he said) at Randles Suzuki in Stoke and he tells me that he has had a job 'helping' some of the 'staff' realise it is in their best interests to treat customers well. The main issue all over the country from what I see and hear is a lack of commitment and pride in the job. I can honestly say that I have never worked in a job I liked, but I always did my best regardless of how I felt. (Steps off soapbox...)

:mellow:

I have not had experience with this particular Toyota dealer, but my past experinces of severeral local dealers has not been a good one, I reported my problems to Toyota and they seemed dis intrested, such a shame, as the IQ is a good car. I then went to buy an IQ from my local Vauxhall dealer and had a totally different experience and would buy from them again in the future. It seems Toyota make good cars, but in mine and others experience, they are let down by their dealer network and the lack of intrest to do anything about it.

That might apply where you are, but certainly isn't applicable to all Toyota dealers.

Conversely I've bought my last three new Toyotas from the same dealer near to us, and had them serviced by them as well. Absolutely no problems with the standards of servicing - have had whilst you wait appointments, and the cars have always been ready on time. Two warranty claims (broken cupholder on the 2009 Auris and a failing tailgate strut on my present Auris) have been dealt with efficiently and without problem.

• Like 1

That might apply where you are, but certainly isn't applicable to all Toyota dealers.

Conversely I've bought my last three new Toyotas from the same dealer near to us, and had them serviced by them as well. Absolutely no problems with the standards of servicing - have had whilst you wait appointments, and the cars have always been ready on time. Two warranty claims (broken cupholder on the 2009 Auris and a failing tailgate strut on my present Auris) have been dealt with efficiently and without problem.

I am pleased for you, you are one of the lucky ones. I have experienced Toyota dealerships in 4 counties, however, they are, all but one, run by the same dealer group. If they continue to present vehicles in the manner they do and treat customers badly, I will not go back. Re Suzuki dealerships, I have only praise for them, they have been even better with me than the local Vauxhall garage and have both benefitted from many local recommendations.

• Like 1

I am pleased for you, you are one of the lucky ones. I have experienced Toyota dealerships in 4 counties, however, they are, all but one, run by the same dealer group. If they continue to present vehicles in the manner they do and treat customers badly, I will not go back. Re Suzuki dealerships, I have only praise for them, they have been even better with me than the local Vauxhall garage and have both benefitted from many local recommendations.

I'm not doubting your experience. Although as you've now admitted your experience has been with one dealer group, it isn't representative of other dealers outside of that group, whether they are Toyota or another marque.

My experience of a Toyota dealer, presumably outside of that group, has been contrary to yours, and I currently have no hesitation in going back to them. My experience has been over a period of 8 years plus.

My one and only experience of a Toyota dealer was when I purchased my iQ three years ago now. That was with Motorline Toyota in Slinfold, West Sussex.

I couldn't fault them. Friendly staff, lovely showroom, clean cars on the forecourt, good communication when I bought the car and brilliant service.

I had some work done by them under warranty and it wasn't a new car I bought it but that was dealt with quickly and without hesitation. I have used them since to buy some accessories and spare parts as I service the car myself but they are always happy to help and order the parts in next day.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or go back to them for my next car.

Craig.

My local Toyota dealers a cowboy. Not going to mention the garage, its a very small one, they dont sell cars here only repairs. I went in to purchase some touch up paint and then when I paid him he dident have a till or anything, put money into his pocket, out comes the change which was 20p less, not crying about it but it was really unprofessional. When I collected my car (was in for service) it had a food odur (kebab smell) coming from it. Such a bad dealer, no wonder why he was empty. Good thing I had no additional work done from them, it would probably end up as a disaster! So now I travel 10 miles more to a decent dealer, Currie Motors. Very good dealer, polite and helpful.

I'm not doubting your experience. Although as you've now admitted your experience has been with one dealer group, it isn't representative of other dealers outside of that group, whether they are Toyota or another marque.

My experience of a Toyota dealer, presumably outside of that group, has been contrary to yours, and I currently have no hesitation in going back to them. My experience has been over a period of 8 years plus.

I think you will find I wrote "all but one" were run by the same dealer group, although both were lacking in customer service etc.My experience of those dealers was in a two year period and I will not use or recommend them again.

"I think you will find I wrote "all but one" were run by the same dealer group, although both were lacking in customer service etc.My experience of those dealers was in a two year period and I will not use or recommend them again."

Which is fine - but to condemn the whole Toyota dealer network based on your experience isn't doing justice to the many dealers who may be outside your area, may provide their customers with good service, and who you've got no experience of.

Having not had experience of other Toyota dealers I cannot comment. My opininion still stands that the network I have experienced is nowhere near as good as others of differing marques that I have dealt with. The cars are another matter, it took a very good Vauxhall dealer to sell me a very good Toyota to get my faith in the marque back. I have said somewhere before "posh coffee machines cannot make up for lack of good service"

well, my 2c is that Toyota dealers are of a notably higher standard than Ford/Vauxhall - & I can say that with experience of several of each including all 3 owned by the same large group. Even within that 1 large group there is a noticeable difference between marques. Possibly it may come down to something as simple as numbers with Toyota dealers having more time due to smaller volumes.

Vauxhall used to have good, local often family owned dealers but that all went with them pretty much all owned now by large groups & service seems to be pretty far down in their offering.

We still have local small dealers, mainly the likes of Suzuki, to some extent, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Nissan and Honda, it seems the Toyota dealers around here are hell bent on taking over all the other smaller Toyota dealers, promising the customer very little and providing even less. The cars displayed on their fronts are sometimes in a terrible state and the pushiness of the sales staff is beyond a joke, so much so that my other walked out of one dealership after a member of highly seatty sales staff refused to tell us the cash price on a car before signing a sales agreement, this after he tried to take us out in an IQ that had a caved in door and had tyre fluid oozeing out of a deflated tyre. the other dealerships of the same name were very pushy with equally tatty cars on their forecourt, one was just downright rude.

Im not a difficult customer, I just think that things could be improved.

Since my purchase from Toyota, which I eventually rejected, I have bought from VW, Ford, Suzuki,Vauxhall and Peugeot dealers, all have been a much better experience, though I still consider my IQ to be one of the best, most fun cars I have had in a long time.

well, it seems that we have proved that dealerships of all kind vary greatly irrespective of ownership type, marque or location so tarring them all with 1 brush is unfair ... :bangin:

I have been using Octagon Toyota in Bracknell, now Jemca Toyota, since the late nineties always been prity good as dealers go both for sales and service. I would recommend them to a friend, only thing would be I would say to be precise with what you want done!

A sensor needs to be disconnected to remove the air filter housing and change the air filter so it could well have been that one.

Sounds like a simple mistake to me. If they apologised and rectified the fault straight away, I'd be happy enough with them, Hard to see what more they could have done?

Craig.

Exactly. Mistakes happen, it's how they're corrected that matters.

Their response could have been a little better, though maybe just a training issue. If the dealer are otherwise ok, then I can't see a problem.