Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D T4 - Thoughts

pl1805

Hi all

Im looking at a 2009 Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D T4 -54k mile. Any thoughts? any tips on what to check for?

Thanks!

check it's production date. You want one made after Feb 2009 to be outwith the production range for the potential problem with the headgasket etc.

If you could stretch to it a car registered in June 2010 or later would have gained the 5 year/100k miles Toyota UK warranty up from 3 years/60k - potentially useful if the seller isn't providing a warranty. Along with that obviously check that it has been serviced according to Toyota mandates.

Check operation of electronic parking brake.

Expect a notchy change into 2nd especially when cold.

Very practical, comfortable, great motorway cruiser but not so good if you like chucking it around winding country lanes like a hooligan. :)

Bought a 2.0 D4D T27 last September with full Toyota Sevice history. It was registered in November 2008 and is probably but is the T27 model. It was a demo for a couple of months and sold to one owner in the North East of England.Like all cars they have their ups and downs. Pretty happy with it so far. Couple of things to look out for. Rear Brake Calipers and Electronic Brake. Check the Door Straps for cracks over the check strap on the drivers door and passenger door. They can be a costly fix if not repaired under warranty.

Had mine for 2 weeks after part exchanging my T180 estate on a 56 plate. I think it's a great drive but slow so i've ordered a box of tricks from Parts King.