Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Input For Sr Yaris With Satnav (Mk2 2008)

apaykapuy

Ive had my Mk2 yaris for over 3 months now and the only way im able to play my own music is through the USB but it's so slow on reading the music files on my USB stick.

Ive read around this forum and others too about the topic but most of the solution are pretty dated and often doesnt correspond to the version of stereo/player i have.

So i've opened up my dashboard and took the player out. Here are the pictures:

8N18baF.jpg

mmmnLLB.jpg

Jn32VOG.jpg

EUH35ZP.jpg

x70NPiQ.jpg

IcgjwQB.jpg

EbfaB3y.jpg

6cn5Jyz.jpg

8vMJ3DF.jpg

Has anybody resolved this problem or know how to resolve this problem?

To reiterate, i need help on adding an AUX input so i can use my phone to play songs from it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think with this particular head unit, mp3's on a USB stick are actually decoded by the TomTom.

Could look at something like Xcarlink - http://xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=272&cat=11&page=1

Before purchase check compatibility with Xcarlink with the stereo, as an earlier version wasn't compatible with your head unit.

Hi I had same problem few months ago with the USB playing songs slow etc. Try different USB and other USB's that what I did, theres a certain speed which is needed for the USB port (not sure what it is but I used different £4 USB and it works).

• 4 years later...

Toyota called your headunit TNS400 it was also called the Eclipse AVN 2210p as a retail unit

Toyota offered an ipod interface but it appears to be no longer available a quick google search does show Aux input kits.

Toyota fitting guide: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{759179F5-6534-5991-44D0-3A5FFA516534}/TNS400 RHD PZ422-00330-00 AIM 001 043-1.pdf

Toyota user guide: https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{965980D6-1785-C51B-C8B9-57B4070A1785}/ME_TNS400_OM_web.pdf

AUX and iPod cables are two different cables (AUX105 and IPC107P).

If you have the TNS400 system (AVN2210p or AVN2227p) you can get an AUX or iPod connection on your system as long as you get the correct cables from somewhere since both cables have been discontinued years ago and you will struggle to find any on the market.

There are few AUX105 cables on eBay but you will be wasting your time with them. They have all been wired wrong for a different system (an Alpine stereo i think) and the sellers are selling them as an AUX105. All eBay cables (unless it's a genuine eclipse AUX105 cable) will only get you half of your speakers working (either left or right side) and on extremely low volume, you won't be able to hear much.

I spent weeks on this system to get an AUX output on it and in the end I had to make my own cable to get AUX output on my car. With a bit of digging I might be able to find some information that will help you make your own AUX105 cable assuming you can get the correct plug for the radio end (13pin). I also might be able to find a spare AUX105 cable since i made couple of at the time. 

• 7 months later...

Hello everybody.

I briefly introduce myself. I am an old Toyota 14 D4D owner, with a TNS400 system. The car is still working fine. Since my son is now using it, he's asking me to arrange something so that he can play music from his iPhone (from the hearphone connector).

I resume this tread to find infos about the famous 13 pin connector (AUX105 cable) which can be connected in the rear of the unit.

Actually I can find a lot of 13pin connector on eBay and others Chinese E-shops, but after reading this tread I believe that at the end I will waste my time.

I would rather like to build my own cable starting from a raw 13 pin connector like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32814779282.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.21.6f4f661ekeeP9d&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.13338.133222.0&scm_id=1007.13338.133222.0&scm-url=1007.13338.133222.0&pvid=6d5ef2b1-1819-4699-85b4-9481412a0ae8.

The matter is to know which is the correct mapping of pins to ling the hearphone plug from the phone.

Mecheng46, I would be really grateful if you can send me some details on it.

Many many thanks.

Corrado from Italy.

image.png

image.png

• 1 year later...

I have another question to this does anyone have the pin connections on the 8 pin tyco amp socket or know where I can get a twenty to eight pin adapter/patch lead