Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want An Auris, But The Mpg!

PFJ

My has a full toyota history and is being service by toyota lindops on their service plan so it should be ok

This is my first toyota owning vw and bmw before hand

As for mpg I get about 40 mpg and have covered 5k since July 2014

Wow so a longish box then similar to the bigger engines ( wouldn't surprise me if it's the same it sounds about right ) must be a out of puff tryin to haul it's fat Ass up to that speed ... It's only 90bhp isn't it.

Monkeyboy I'm guessing you do a lot of city driving ... So that's a good figure

I regularly get into decent 60s mpg on the motorway bit depending on the time of year and actually doing 70

Whereas when I do outside lane version of 70 "cough 90 cough" I am still in the higher 40s and I'm money no object when it comes to servicing

Which I have noticed helps with the mileage issue and the longevity of engine life

To be fair, the 2.2 offers a very quiet & relaxed manner at dual carriageway/motorway speeds - it's just the MPG which isn't as good as competitors. Wind noise is very reasonable & the engine is virtually silent once cruising. As Smudge said, it's only really the bigger tyres which intrude a bit & even that's very dependant on the road surface. With 225/45/17's fitted, you're always going to have some road noise.

Thanks uncle buck couldn't have put it better myself the lower profile tyres do make a small amount of noise and when up to temp it's is silent I can whisper to passengers at 90

If it`s in your budget, look at the hybrid, I`ve had diesels of all kinds for many years....but tested a auris hsd, and loved it straight away...and they`re about 2/3 the price of a prius.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't drive economically and around the city I manage 50/52 mpg in my 2012 1.4D when we went to Devon for a week I managed to get 58mpg and Devon is a bit hilly I find the Auris is a fantastic city car and a very good tourer road noise is low and the seats are very comfortable I am 6ft 3 inchs tall and not young but even after the 5 1/2 hour drive inc 3/4hour lunch I was still in good shape I would recommend you give one a test drive or see if your local dealer will lend you one over the weekend

My 1.33 petrol Auris from 2009 gives me 48 mpg regularly, and this is including some motorway driving and hilly roads. I must say I'm very pleased with that, it's more than I first thought I would get out of a fairly weak petrol engine. But I tend to drive quite carefully.

• Like 1