Do Not Sell My Personal Information

X-Pression Audio Query

doomjeffs

I have a new (6 months old) Aygo X-pression which incidentally i'm chuffed to bits with.

I have the x-play touch screen installed. I have alway been a 'radio' sort of person when driving & rarely listen to mp3. However occasionally I do listen to the odd track from my phone via bluetooth.

I've experimented with with putting a few tracks on a USB stick which works but with a few issues.

Does everyone else have the following issues :-

when listening to mp3 from phone my 'browse' button isn't displayed so I cannot search for tracks and can only skip forward or backward.

Hovever :-

when the USB stick is inserted with mp3s on, the browse button is now visible & i can search for individual tracks by name, but the tracks have to play to the end & cannot skip tracks using either the screen forward & back buttons or the steering wheel buttons.

Does everyone have this issue or has my player some sort of issue that need sorting?

Your help will be much appreciated.

cheers.

P.S. I would ideally like to transer all my music to a USB stick, but it would be pointless if I cannot skip tracks using the steering wheel button.

I will have a play with mine to see if I'm having the same issue and report back.

OK I tried it with mine and I get the same results as you.

OK I tried it with mine and I get the same results as you.

Hmm..... seems a bit poor that they would design the software for the audio display that doesn't include a browse button, effectively making your music choice pure guesswork & having to skip through possibly hundreds of tracks to find the one you want...crazy, and yet a browse button appears when using a USB stick.

but you can't skip forward....even crazier.

it might be to do with the fact you are only connecting via bluetooth so you may only be able to browse on your phone. With the usb there will be a browse button because its a direct connection. Makes perfect sense to me.

Also to add more criticism to the thing. When listening to the radio it displays to current song being played to an extent as the screen is not scrolling the text so you see something like

Now playing this song by.......

and that's it

Also to add more criticism to the thing. When listening to the radio it displays to current song being played to an extent as the screen is not scrolling the text so you see something like

Now playing this song by.......

and that's it

This annoys me and makes this line of information petty much useless.

Either remove the prefix and/or make the font smaller and/or scroll this text.

I'd be interested in anybody using an iPhone or Ipod with the system, as i'm thinking of investing in an Ipod to use with it.

Incidentally, in the manual it does state that certain buttons may appear or not depending on the bluetooth device connected.

If it's any help the Touch & Go in my Avensis gives full ipod control.

I use my iPhone 4 with my system but have never connected it by cable yet to be honest. My 2012 Aygo had built in ipod/iPhone connectivity and that worked well.

Picked up our new X-Wave X-Pression today.

After a few minutes playing with the audio system.... music playing off USB drive, we can skip tracks using either the buttons on the screen, the rotary dial or the steering wheel buttons. No issues so far except the album art isn't appearing.

Picked up our new X-Wave X-Pression today.

After a few minutes playing with the audio system.... music playing off USB drive, we can skip tracks using either the buttons on the screen, the rotary dial or the steering wheel buttons. No issues so far except the album art isn't appearing.

From a USB memory stick? or a USB cable to your phone?

Yes, browse works, so does the rotary dial.

Maybe my system has a different software version with it coming straight from the factory last week. I will see if I can check that later.

Yes, browse works, so does the rotary dial.

Maybe my system has a different software version with it coming straight from the factory last week. I will see if I can check that later.

I 'm a wee bit confused when you say 'rotary dial'

the round knob at the side of the screen. Not the power/volume one, the one below. If you turn this, the tracks change.

the round knob at the side of the screen. Not the power/volume one, the one below. If you turn this, the tracks change.

Really !!!!! I never knew that, i'll give that a go tonight

cheers