Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

95 Kzn130 Hilux Surf 1Kz-Te Motor

tmyersrox

So I've owned my A/T Surf for a little over a year here in Okinawa, I'm planning on bringing it to England when I leave but ive had 2 problems since I bought it.

1. While driving about 10-15mins in the O/D light starts flashing and continues to flash until I turn the truck off.

2. when I press the brake pedal the A/T temp light comes on.

I've serched numerous forums and I can not find a single fix for eaither. Has anyone encountered these issues? I have tried to find it but everything looks fine. I don't want to go to a dealer because they charge $122 USD (£80) for an hour of troubleshooting. I don't have that kind of money haha. any insight will be helpful. I'll try anything

right, so here is what you do. find the OBD(on board diagnostic) plug, on my 94 it is in the engine bay on the left hand side of car next to the air filter. it is grey in colour, and a little bigger than a match box. take the cover off and look inside, it should depict the E1 and TE1 ports(2-3mm in size). get a piece of wireand connect the two ports, go into the car, turn the key onto accessory, the O/D and/or engine check light will begin to flash. it will flash slowly the faster, count the slow flashes and then the fast it denotes a numbered code. you may get several codes. watch the clip on the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do7ulTOvQPc

Once you have the codes posts them as someone is bound to know which one is which and how to get rid. once you do have those codes disconnect the Battery or in my case batteries to rest computer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links