Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought An Avensis :)

magicdrshoon

Hi. I've just bought an Avensis saloon, '08, T180 2.2 diesel.

I love it! My favourite car so far!

See you around the forum :)

Hello Chris - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

Hopefully your car will not develop it (or has already had replacement work) but you need to familiarise yourself with http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=10987

& look out for the signs.

That doc. is a bit out of date but it's a major (£6K) issue to fix if it does develop & your car may still be inside Toyota's additional goodwill warranty (7 years/112k miles).

• Like 1

Hopefully your car will not develop it (or has already had replacement work) but you need to familiarise yourself with http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=10987

& look out for the signs.

That doc. is a bit out of date but it's a major (£6K) issue to fix if it does develop & your car may still be inside Toyota's additional goodwill warranty (7 years/112k miles).

Thanks for the heads-up. I am still covered by this until 1/4/2015!

Do you have any idea how wide-spread this problem was? Like 5% or cars, or 20%, 50% ect?

I've only had it for a couple of weeks and so far it's been smooth as silk, but then I haven't had it long enough to witness any oil consumption or any other symptoms.

Cheers.

Only Toyota knows for sure but it's probably under 5% - the problem is you can't tell which until they've already developed it.

One thing to look for is white/pink spotting around the coolant tank from ejected fluid from overpressure.

Did you buy the car privately or from a dealer/trader? Does it have much documentation (so you can check if it has already had work done)?

Only Toyota knows for sure but it's probably under 5% - the problem is you can't tell which until they've already developed it.

One thing to look for is white/pink spotting around the coolant tank from ejected fluid from overpressure.

Did you buy the car privately or from a dealer/trader? Does it have much documentation (so you can check if it has already had work done)?

I bought it from a small-time trader, but professional. I'd happily recommend him! Included a 12 month warranty from VGS I think it was.

I don't remember many receipts in the document pack but I'll check tomorrow. It has a nearly full Toyota service history (one interim missing and one service from an independent). I've just had it serviced by Toyota in St. Albans.

Thanks for your help! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links