Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Heard Today

smudge-1991

I took the wife's car into the remapping place nearby ... And while sorting out her car I was talking to the lad that does it and about the Auris and he was saying that very recently they got the remapping sorted on the Auris ( somehow the have cracked the encryption on the denso unit he wouldn't tell me how ) I asked about then bringing in my own and he was more than confident about doing it .... So I'm very curious now to whether he can do it .... But anyone else recently found that it can be done now or is this the first

So what happens if they haven't cracked it?

Well it don't get remapped essentially .... Doesn't cost if it hasn't been done .... The system they use won't alter the ecu if it can't get in .... He was saying that they are in

Have to admit I'm more than a bit dubious Ben, but who knows ?

• Like 1

Did they promise anything? What will they be able to do to it?

It's not some simple obd plug in remap like the majority of cars

it's an ecu job then in test then

out ... You see where I'm goin with it maybe that's why it couldnt be cracked cos if you go thru obd it's inaccessible but if you remove it it isn't it's a long process but it can have an economy tune or go through the stages like anything else just takes a lot longer than a normal remap

whats the name of the remapping company? be interested to see how you get on with this. following this thread,

It's called Derby mapping but the only place that will do it to the Auris denso and Lexus denso is there main place ...

• 2 weeks later...

Ben let me know bud as im down the road and you know ill come down, if he is true to his word that is, have to be dyno'd to check ofcourse but this is a game changer if it has finally been cracked!

Well I'm gonna be working with them soon just sortin out a few things first but they are convinced .... And it's starting to sway me in the same direction I was dubious as well at first but as I've been speaking to them I'm finding out more but if it works I'll post straight up on here