Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Range

smudge-1991

I had a long run today got 640ish miles out of a full tank of diesel (it's the 2.0 variety) doing about 75 to 85 with stereo on turned up A/C on window down occasionally phone plugged in iPod plugged in .... bit of a mix of driving types mostly motorway and I want driving eco bug either want getting out of 4th till 65 then plonking into 6th ... And numerous coffee stops also overall not a very eco run ... So I reckon there's a good 700 miles range in the tank if you eco warrior it .... What's everyone else getting ish on what variant

64 MPG brim to brim figures, traveling speed 75 - 80 MPH, No A/C or window down. Just climate control with the music up on a 1.3 petrol engine, not even trying to drive like a eco geek. Official MPG figures for my car are 48 MPG, dunno how Toyota test their cars to find out average MPG.

My ickle Yaris generally averages 550-600 miles on a tank, but my all-time record was 800 miles of many airport runs in my original 3-door D4D :naughty:

Since swapping it for my 5-door, I've only ever gotten into the low 700's for pure motorway driving (Sadly a rare thing for me these days; Most of my drive is spent on A-roads and urban traffic now :crybaby:) but I have a nasty habit of hauling about at 70 and/or stamping on the accelerator when overtaking lorries (Toooooorque! :yahoo:) which probably doesn't help. (It is, however, very satisfying :D)

I have been finding that cruising at 70mph does use less fuel than cruising at 63mph and accelerating up and down to overtake tho'.

(I wasn't brave enough to just try driving at 63mph; Over taking a lorry at 63mph seems to give a high risk of getting an Audi up the backside! :eek:)

• Like 1

Unfortunately mine's has never had the chance to show what it can do on a motorway, as there aren't any up here ! But I did manage to squeeze 480 mls out of the SR180 by accident, when a garage I was aiming for was closed & I had to carry on to the next one 40 mls away .....

• Like 1

That's gotta be some kind of record for a '180!!! :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

575 for me not eco'd the max out of it yet though!

I was driving like a prize penis tbh as it was early in the morning and on parts of the m5 it's perfectly straight for a few miles so I saw what I could get out of it as well in a straight line

• 1 month later...

I average 650 - 700. But I drive text book as I live 1hr 10 min from work, averaging 55-58mph......

My best run is 711.......This was about 2 years ago, when the M25 and M1 were nothing but roadworks and the speed limit was 50mph .....

One day I would love to remove back seat, spare tyre, drain windscreen wash to bare minimum and completely empty boot, just to see how much more I would get out of it.. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I've just done a run and back down to my sisters in Chippenham, Wiltshire. According to calculations I was getting 54 MPG from my machine. I was quite pleased with that.

D.