Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 Hints, Tips And Tricks

david26th

Hey all,

Just taken delivery of a new 15 plate Yaris Hybrid Icon and love it, but I can't help feel there's more that the Touch 2 system can do that I've not figured out, so spill users, anything that's not obvious that this thing can do?

Additionally does it ever require software update? Talking the non sat nav version here. Can I mirror my phone to it for example? (iPhone)

if you have an iPhone it will read out your text messages but you cant use the reply function, when its connected to the car bluetooth, go to your bluetooth settings, select the toyota touch and turn on the option thats turned off, cant remember what its called but there is one there to do it, other than that, if you dont have the sat nav (i didnt get it either as i use googe maps on my phone) there isnt a lot iv found.

the touch and go 2 (the one with the sat nav) has internet tethering options as there are facebook apps etc apparently

hope this helps and it would be nice to know of other things these can do, it does seem like a waste of tech

• Like 1

Like the OP I've been wondering what else can be done with it. I don't use the phone in the car so not blue toothed it up for hands free so all I am using it as is a radio.

Since you're not using the bluetooth, the only option left would be USB stick playback of your choice of tunes! ☺

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links