Do Not Sell My Personal Information

X-Touch Compatibility

JamesHarling

Hi there,

I am about to get the new Aygo X-pression and I was wondering what devices are compatible with the x-touch and more specifically the mirror mode feature?

cheers,

James

iPhone 4 /4S with Appincar app and dedicated lead

Samsung Galaxy S3 & Note 2 with Drivelink app

Nokia X700 & N9 with Nokia car mode app

• Like 1

At present only the devices listed above will work

I got the dedicated lead for my iPhone 4 but to be honest this feature is not all that good.

so 've managed to get the appincar app on my iPhone 5c, so the only apps which work through mirror mode are through that app? so is it worth buying NavGate Drive Europe app for £79.99?

The navigate app is getting very bad reviews so you read them on the app store. I contemplated getting this due to the built in X-nav I got is rubbish.

The navigate app is getting very bad reviews so you read them on the app store. I contemplated getting this due to the built in X-nav I got is rubbish.

Why is it rubbish ?

Doesn't it work ?

Why is it rubbish ?

Doesn't it work ?

Well it might as well not work as it is very poor. Yesterday it completely froze on me so I had to pull over and restart the car as nothing else would do it.

Then I was on my journey and it never even gave me spoken directions, I had turned left and right and gone round many round abouts without a single bit of voice guidance. It was clearly displayed on the map etc. also seems to fail miserably at re routing if I take a wrong turn etc...

That's quite a worry as I've specified it on my Aygo (at considerable expense)

Crashing ? We'll e very nav system I've used from cheap Mio through Tom Tom to the very expensive one in our Audi crashes sometimes. I guess it's the frequency at which it does it is the issue.

voice guidance - or rather the lack of it - must surely be a setting somewhere.

Not reroute after a wrong turn is more difficult.May even be a fault in the GPS module.

As ever, don't suffer, talk to your dealer😃

Another X-nav user on here has also confirmed the lack of spoken directions and is unable to find any setting to enable this. I think the most basic currently available tomtom has better functionality than this expensive optional extra.

Wow, that would be really unusual.

I cant comment as I don't have my car yet

But if it's there I'll find it😃

Another X-nav user on here has also confirmed the lack of spoken directions and is unable to find any setting to enable this. I think the most basic currently available tomtom has better functionality than this expensive optional extra.

From another thread on this forum.....

" Can I ask you a question regarding the x-nav. Does yours speak out road names etc as mine just says turn left etc. not turn left on to high street for example. I am just interested to know."

" Mine just SAYS turn left......." so it seems it is possible.

If can't hear any instructions, have you got a language selected or it's the audio muted ?

No audio is muted or anything disabled, it is just how the system is. I get "turn left" etc but no spoken road names and as I have already said it sometimes fails to do even that.

Ok, sorry I misunderstood. I thought you had no spoken directions at all.

It does seem the road names is an issue.

Very personal opinion but that doesn't really bother me as long as the system indicates a left turn and says turn left, the name of the road ( which is displayed on the map anyway) being spoken is irrelevent.

Last week had to visit a place never been before, I don't drive a new model. I put my address in the Google Maps up came the companies branches in a flash. Tipped the 1 I wanted and the route came up, as I driving along maps where before my eyes with road names and a lovely female voice as well. Stress free from a little iPhone 5 wunderbar. I think I should call Apple and compliment them on the service. GOOGLE as well

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Last week had to visit a place never been before, I don't drive a new model. I put my address in the Google Maps up came the companies branches in a flash. Tipped the 1 I wanted and the route came up, as I driving along maps where before my eyes with road names and a lovely female voice as well. Stress free from a little iPhone 5 wunderbar. I think I should call apple and compliment them on the service. GOOGLE as well

I guess you've tried using it when there is patchy, low data speed or no mobile signal.

How did it perform then ?

Funny you mention that I don't live in a big town or city it's out in the wilds in Germany. Lots of lovely green hills and valleys seems to work everywhere, but maybe tomorrow it will not so I'll keep quiet and have a laugh as you guys struggle with the roundabouts and road names:) have fun until the updates are updated in 2017

When signal is poor the graphics go all bad but otherwise it still knows where you are and what road your on. As soon as the signal area gets better the graphics improve again. Only down side is it takes a lot of Battery life as in the entire i phone drains in 2 hours so a car charger is a must.

No sweat got one, next? Oh by the way I am not prepared to bet on this but I think Google will update quicker than the in car stuff, that you are waiting for.

Google map data is usually about 3 years old. Map data by its very nature is out of date the moment it is published. Personally I wouldn't get too hung up on having the latest maps. Until recently I was using an 8 year old Tom Tom which was fine 99,% of the time.... Only getting lost for 30 seconds in Bristol where the layout had changed significantly..

whichever way you cut it, the sheer convenience of having a nav system build into the dashboard, no power worries, nothing stuck on your windscreen and a large display area easily makes up for any subjective advantagesof using a phone

Roads can change a lot. Glasgow new M6 / M74 a good example where the old sat Nav took us in to the city centre which we didn't need to do. Love the phone as its up to date but you can't beat the in built system as its just there when u need it with no Battery issues or fitting it in every time.

No , but I have an excellent HTC thing that comes with me to make calls 😃

Nice one bet you google to find your way back to the car sometimes?

Come on tell us the truth we won't laugh Really

have a nice weekend

All