Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strut Brace

JNR

hi peeps was wondering if they make a front strut brace for the carina E 18i saloon and where to get it from or will i have to get some sort of universal one

thank you in advance

get your local workshop to make one up. Other than looks, you'd need to beef up the motor before the strut actually adds any value to handling. Have Fun any way...

• 2 weeks later...

there are universal strut braces, usually centrally adjusted. Try ripspeed etc, they are pretty reasonable in price and should do the trick :thumbsup:

Jay, Nick bought one from eBay the other week, made by King Dragon. Might be worth investigating ;)

Hi guys!Of course there is a front strut brace for Carina E..I have one installed on my Carina..Sparco produces it and it is suitable for Carina 1.6 and 2.0 as it says..Probably also for the 1.8!The chassis is the same!It is also adjustable but be careful with this!A long time ago sparco had it written in it's site but i cannot see it anymore..Maybe it stopped its production but some stores in your area may have it in stock!Good luck!

BTW can you tell how can i paint my instrument panel as it is in your avatar?You know the one around the tachometer etc..Spray paint for plastic?How do i get the panel out?I have read tha other thread but i didn't understood well..Does it need to be cut?Thanks in advance!

yes m8 it does have to be cut t

the first part is the outer black surround thats only held in place wth 2 screws

unscrew em and pull it off

then after you got that off you will see instrument panel with 4 bolt type screws take em off

after that the clear plastic bit is held on with little clips and just needs wedged off with a thin blade screwdriver

once you got that out of car you will need to cut around edges to get into spraying it i used a hacksaw but took a bit of time if you know anyone with a high speed cutter use that carefuly cut it

then you will have to use a grey primer use a couple of coats leaving 10 mins in between coats now you are supposed to leave primer 24 hours to harden for best results but i just sprayed mine after half an hour with lucerne silver metallic spray paint give that a couple of coats

also to finish it off you will need a clear laquer again a few coats give it 10 mins in between each coats just follow instructions on can

and to top it off use a clear silicon sealent to bond the edges back from were you cut it it

cost me under 15 pounds from Halfords for the primer spray paint and laquer its about 4 quid for silicon sealent hope this is easy to understand m8 lol im loaded with cold and my head aint working proper come to think of it my head is never working properly hehe peace out dude :thumbsup:

beware m8 it can crack the clear plastic bit so be sure youve cut it properly before tring to remove

:thumbsup: if you want the leds heres a link m8 501)

http://www.ultraleds.com/ goto car/motorbike 12v Led bulbs on the left hand side of page scroll down and goto page 3 and get these type (501) Blue 6 Super Bright Leds (Pair) or whatever colour you want

Does anybody know if there are any lower arm bars for Carina E??I have heard that they are the best part for steering..I think cusco doesn't produce any..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links