Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sunroof ?

IQ Old git

Thanks again Guys. Had a reply from Webasto agent who is quoting £650 + vat for electric model. or £350+ vat for flip only manual model. Ouch. Needs more investigation I think. Cheers and thanks again. Colin

Still trying to resolve my 'suroof' dilemma. Now got 2 different quotes £55 + vat apart for same model. The cheaper one only works at weekends (from a farm ??) so the hunt is still on. But both well over £600.Out of my buget i'm afraid. Apparently Christian you can switch off the self closing function on the Hollandia 300 (if you can work out how) Sounds usefull. I Might just settle for a simple manual flip up model as I didnt use the slide back feature after I once badly burned my head on a 'nice' day out. But have to confess the tilt slide version looks better with no external fittings visable. Mmmm. Not much to be found on the ever usefull net. Colin

• 1 month later...

I think that, externally, manual and electric sunroofs both have a visible rubber seal. The manual ones also have 3 small contact points with rubber on top.

There's less trim inside the car if you go for the manual version. The electric ones use a little more of the available headspace and, in our little iQs, I think it would almost touch the grab handles above the doors.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious. I'm trying to get my head around it, as I would really like a sunroof too!

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

Thanks for input Chris. Have more or less decided on manual 'flip up' (100 model) on cost mainly. I see webasto are now advertising a 'basic' electric model, but nobody seems to have heard of it and cant give a price as yet.. Its marginally bigger than the 300, which would be good but lacks the draft deflector. But as I say it has to be a flipup 100, on cost. £350 + vat seems to be best price. Cheers Colin

Enjoy your new next sunroof, and a little hello to David.

Any news on the sunroof, Colin?

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

No Chris, other than I am going to go for the 'popup' as it is £300 less than a tilt/slide. Will try phoning my nearest agent (30mls) on mon and see if it is less for cash. Doubt it as it is a proper bodyshop. The other listed dealer (45mls) is £50 less but appears to work out of a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. You cannot get him on the phone, but he does return calls (with very poor reception) so its a job to understand him. Have sourced another fitter, (120mls) for £299+ vat but they want the car for a day. There is someone on fleabay advertising the roof for £195 (5 in stock) + £15 del.so might ask my local bodyshop about fitting, when I go for a paint touch up quote on mon. Yes I tried and failed to do it myself and now have two annoying patches on front and rear corners. Not unfortunately on the winglets which would have been easy. Will update after quote Cheers Colin

Having spoken to them on the phone, I emailed a sunroof fitter to ask a few questions:

---

..... 1. Will the sunroof fit between the crossmembers of the roof, or will one of these be cut?

2. Will the roof metal around the hole be primed and repainted to protect it from rust?

3. How long is the warranty period, and is it provided by your company or Webasto?

Thank you very much for your help."

---

I sent that last Tuesday/Wednesday and as I didn't hear back, I then sent it as a text message on Thursday evening. No reply, unfortunately, as he was very pleasant and helpful on the phone. I'll call him up again next week.

Any thoughts on my questions above..?

Chris

Hi Chris, I dont know where they are, but 'Barry' used londonsunroof.com with seemingly good results and a very good price for a large tilt/slide. I was thinking might be worth the trip as it seems hundreds less than I was quoted. Seems like you are getting similar response to mine. They didnt answer my questions re rustproofing and drainage channel queries either. Best of luck. Colin

Having spoken to them on the phone, I emailed a sunroof fitter to ask a few questions:

---

..... 1. Will the sunroof fit between the crossmembers of the roof, or will one of these be cut?

2. Will the roof metal around the hole be primed and repainted to protect it from rust?

3. How long is the warranty period, and is it provided by your company or Webasto?

Thank you very much for your help."

---

I sent that last Tuesday/Wednesday and as I didn't hear back, I then sent it as a text message on Thursday evening. No reply, unfortunately, as he was very pleasant and helpful on the phone. I'll call him up again next week.

Any thoughts on my questions above..?

Chris

If they are not returning/answering you calls and messages now as a prospective customer, just think how bad they will be if you use them then have any problems or complaints about their work?

I think I would steer clear and use someone else.

Have you contacted Webasto to see if they have recommended fitters and ask Webasto themselves who would honor any warranty work, Webasto or the fitters?

Car booked in for paint remedy, very reasonable £150 for 4 blemishes.I was expecting 300ish. Place looks like steptoes yard but owner/proprietor seemed confident he can spray in without doing complete panels and also suggested the small dent I got on the first day I had it will be better filled and sprayed as it will always show if just pushed out from behind. Forgot to ask if he can fit a sunroof, but will await paint repairs before I ask. Booked in a week wed for 3 days. Cheers Colin

Soeley, thanks, that's a good point. I'm looking at the alternatives.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice that has been shared; I'm pleased to say I've had a sunroof fitted.

I was in two minds about mentioning it as I don't want to 'steal your thunder', Colin - but I thought it might give you courage before they make that first cut!

I've posted a photo on my 'Modifications..' thread.

Chris

Still awaiting my sunroof. Phoned again y'day apparently still not arrived (coming from germany??) Expect its stuck in Calais ? At least he knew who I was this time. He didnt recognise me as he thought it was a smart. How dare he. Will keep informed Cheers Colin

Well at long last I have my 'beloved' sunroof. Not quite as pleasing as my old Yaris Tsport roof, the glass is very dark not allowing much extra light in, but easy enough to operate. Not so pleased with the fitment as there are a couple of wrinkles around the edge. (I expect they distorted it with their cutter), but too late now, the damage is done. Next task is to see if Halfords still sell windscreen sealer (like they did in the mk1 mini era) to run around the edge to keep the damp out. There is a definite gap under the edge of the plastic edging which I am sure the wet will get under and cause problems. Need to do it before it rains or I have to clean it. Mmmm. In the meantime I will just enjoy the 'fresh air'. Cheers Colin

Hi Colin, thanks for the update. Please could you take a photo of the wrinkles/gaps?

Chris

Hi Chris. Tried to do photos, but cant get my phone (Samsung s111 mini) to talk to my computer ?? It gets worse as when sealing around the edge I found two strips of damaged paint, about 1/4" wide by 3" long just out from the edge of the roof where i assume the cutting tool hasn't had a strip of masking tape under it. Grrr. Begining to wish I hadn't bothered.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed, Colin. There might not be anything the fitter can do to repair it, but as the job could be considered below standard, perhaps the fitter could offer you a partial refund...?

Either way, I hope that once you've enjoyed a few drives with the roof open, you'll feel more positive :)

Chris

Thanks Chris. I am enjoying it just trying not to look too closely. Raining today so cant get the touch up paint out. (that will have to do for now) Cheers Colin

Yippee, a bit of careful polishing with my 3M Finesse polish removed the 'damage' streaks from my roof. Might just have been dirt marks off cutting machine. Anyway all is fine and dandy. Now can enjoy without guilt. Cheers Colin

Great news, Colin! Be sure to upload a photo of the car if you can, I'd love to see it.

Chris

iQ² in black ☆ red and white leather ☆ sunroof ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome handles and exhaust

• 3 years later...

Hi.

Has anybody got any pics of sunroof installed in their iq?.who did you use to install and how much?

I've been quoted £325 + vat for a Webasto H100 pop up sunroof and £900 + vat for H300 electric spoiler type.

Thanks

On 4/10/2015 at 1:28 PM, Adam Evans said:

How much would a hole for a sunroof cost !!!!

I have a spare hole, free including postage.

• Haha 1

Malko83

Just seen pics of your H300. Very nice.

They want over £1000 to supply and fit that version plus will need complete new headlining according to fitter. Think the H100 pop up might be the way to go for me.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links