Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Is A Great Car

marc4242

My car's coming up to 70k so I've been thinking of moving on. I say this because I've found with several cars that bits start dropping off at 90k-ish. But on looking around, up to about £7k I can't find anything reasonably performant sub-50k miles and reliable looking.

It's not the fastest car, it's a bit detatched from the road and 6th gear is pretty pointless, but one of the things I like about it is that I can have fun with it, I love the sound of the lift, and yet I'm not actually going that quickly. Plus it's practical. So I'm going to keep it.

I've still not made it on to a track but I expect to take it somewhere now it's increasingly scratched up.

I think th dampers may be getting tired, what do people replace them with?

Marc

Good on you mate; If you like that car, why change it for the sake of it?

Even now, the old Corolla feels so much more solid than the Auris that replaced it. Even the doors have a nice reassuring weight to them that the Auris lacks.

The Corolla had a much bigger enthusiast following than the Auris does too, so there a loads of aftermarket parts and upgrades floating about for it. (Although I do wonder where the massive number of CTS-owning members on this forum have gone. They used to dominate the What Do You Own? polls on here when I first started visiting! :lol:)

I have the same problem with my Yaris; It's just so nice to drive and I haven't seen anything that even remotely tempts me away from it; Even the newer Yaris has so many things missing (No centre digital dash, no sliding rear seats, no sunroof, tyres cost more than double, no internal storage, wider and longer, no spare tyre, harsher ride...) that it feels like a downgrade to me! (The one thing that is tempting about the newer Yaris is the HSD power unit; If I could retrofit that into my Mk1 I'd have a perfect car :D)

Toyota made some damned good cars between 2000 and 2005.

It wasn't for th sake of it, but because of the increasing mileage. But I spent some looking at autotraders and pistoneads and I couldn't see anything I could replace it with ( with sub 59k mileage ) under £7k. That's interesting bout the Auris, I didn't know that. One thing I found from my brief look at alternatice cars is that cars seem to be getting slower (it could just be that my price was realstic though!).

Where are good places for pattern Corolla parts? Any thoughts on the suspension struts?

>no centre digital dash, no sliding rear seats, no sunroof, tyres costmore than double, no internal storage, wider and longer, no spare tyre,
>harsher ride.

Strange, isn't it, with so much experience, how sometimes manufacturers seem to go backwards.

>no centre digital dash, no sliding rear seats, no sunroof, tyres costmore than double, no internal storage, wider and longer, no spare tyre,
>harsher ride.

Agree with this especially the spare tyre piece.....

Get a call from my wife at work and she said can you come and change the tyre on a car so we can get a puncture fixed. No problem I said and loaded my trolley jack, wheel brace etc into the car and offs I go. Just 5 mins down the road get to car (3 year old Fiesta) and go to get the spare tyre and car jack out. Bang......no spare tyre and no jack.......and I'm thinking WTF......then I see the car of spray stuff and a pump driven off the lighter socket and it dawns on me.....no jack, no spare tyre just these stoopid items. Phone the garage and they say do not sue the can of sealant under and circumstances as it ruins the tyre. So jack the car up, stick an axle stand under for safety sakes and puncture fixed by local garage for £15 and tyre back on and ready to go.

Can u imagine s single female out on a country road getting a puncture and trying to use the two life savers....a pump and a can of sealant.

Ken

PS. When I checked the pump couldn't actually reach the rear tyre once plugged into the lighter socket. Lol

PPS..What about an old Audi S3.......3.2l.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links