Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Bumper Fitting

Richard Davies

After having a slow speed encounter with a sign the front bumper of my 2001 Yaris has come loose on one side.

it looks like some clips have come loose on the passenger side, & I was wondering how easy it was to get it back in place without needing professional help.

I don't have access to a Haynes manual at the moment, which would be a big help.

I did something similar to a Corolla we owned and the bumper appeared to be mainly attached by plastic clips. I got the repair done by Toyota as the bumper was damaged and did not just need refixing. However if yours is not too bad And you type "Toyota Body Panel Clips" in to a search engine there are a number of suppliers that come up. Hope this helps, good luck with the repair.

It looks like the clips need reattaching, but knowing how to do it without damaging the bumper more.

The overall bumper is intact, just now with a deep scratch in it.

I have managed to reclip the bumper in the middle so it looks a lot better now, but it's still loose at the side.

The fitting is a tab with a square hole which has sheared open.

I can find the bolt it was attached to, but can't tighten it up so it holds the tab in place.

Maybe I need a washer or 2 to try & support it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links