Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Compressor Owners

ljcni99

Recently bought a tsport compressor. Ice gad 2 tsports before this. But now im looking a bit of modding. Options that i can see are:

1) smaller pulley made for charger and intercooler fitted and then mapped. Similar to sp upgrade

2) just fit intercooler and map like the blitz kit.

Any other option?

Thanks

Hi mate, I also recently bought a compressor and am looking to do some modifications to it.

1) I have made some enquires about the supercharger and the shorter pulley should increase charge boost pressure and low down torque. However can be dangerous to the supercharger if strained to much.

2) not many people have the maps for these cars making it very hard to find.

3) inter cooler should give it some decent power output aswell.

4) do you know if the lift bolts have been changed on your car as they get worn down? This can effect

Performance on the tsport.

• Like 1

Somewhere on the forum I seen that the so upgrade used a 94mm pulley. So it should be ok to get a pulley with that diameter made. I haven't done the sums yet about the max rpm. The charger can handle 11-12000 rpm so need to do ratio of crank pulley to charger pulley.

A greedy emanage piggyback is meant to be good for mapping but I don't know much about it yet

A greddy e-manage blue chip is suppose to alter the injector duty cycle by intercepting and altering airflow the more air the more fuel the faster the car. I can't find any maps for the compressor model so a standalone piggy back such as the greddy seems like the only option.

But I would ask what kind of real time significant gains I would be making.

• 4 weeks later...

So many wrongs in this thread.

Dont fit an intercooler - they dont work and cause massive running issues.

Greedy emanage is probably the most useless ecu ive ever had to use. Its also a piggy back not a stand alone.

Basically fitting a smaller pulley will do bugger all for peak performance. The inlet pipeworks too small acting as a restrictor. Plus the injectors are pritty much maxed out with just a induction/exhaust/remap on the stock pulley. And without proper heat maintenance the SC is likely to fail - i inject water methanol directly into the supercharger to stop it over heating. 94mm runs the SC at 11,600rpm at the 8,200 redline

Im running larger injectors, ST 94mm pulley, own custom inlet, water methanol injection, larger TB all on a stand alone ECU.

F170A105-0043-4DF6-A398-11A5ED8733E7_zps

4D421115-BB2B-4925-8D12-A430A3517F17_zps

1E3F94C2-D618-4F2F-A6DA-AFC40D3A4F19_zps

Current spec of the car for those interested - complete build thread is on another well known corolla specific forum

Engine

AEM Water Methanol Injection Kit

AEM EMS-4 ECU with Custom Harness

AEM 3.5 Bar Map Sensor

AEM IAT Sensor

3" Custom Induction Kit

3" Manifold Back Exhaust With De-CAT

2.75" Custom SC Pipes

2.75" Custom SC Inlet Manifold

Maxbore Englargened ThrottleBody

Custom Throttlebody Housing

Silverstone 94mm Fixed SC Pulley

550CC Fuel Injectors

Ross Jackson Steel SC Snout

Polished Inlet Manifold

235mm Oil Cooler

BRD Fast Road F&R Engine Mounts

Ants Brass Shifter Bushes

Chassis

KYB Ultra SR Shocks

Eibach Front/FK Rear Lowering Springs

Whiteline F/F Wishbone Bushes

Whiteline F/R Wishbone Bush W/Castor

Whiteline Front ARB Bushes

Heavy Duty Droplinks

Standard Compressor Braces & Rear ARB

Dot 5.1 Brake Fluid

Interior

AEM Water Methanol Failsafe Gauge

AEM Boost And AFR Failsafe Gauge

Custom A Pillar Pod

Kenwood DNX Dat Nav System

Bones Weighted Gearnob

BRD Cradle Bushes

Tsport Matts

Exterior

TTE Grandstand 17" alloys

Fatal USDM Switchback Indicators

JDM Tail Light Conversion

55w 5k HID kit

100w Yellow HOD Main/Fog bulbs

Yellow Painted Fog Lights

Gold Calipers

Front Lower Grill Cut Out

DeBadged and DeBumpstriped

Matt Black Compressor Rear Splitter

TTE Grill Badge

0C96D231-27D0-4F0E-BC89-0723898A9068_zps

Hi mate

With the engine modifications you have on this car have you had any issues or breaks/problems with the car mechanically/ gear box etc,

do you know how much BHP your car is running?

Nothing. Cars still on its original clutch @93k. The engine/gearbox have not been opened up in that time either. Regular maintenance does these lumps well and all fluids get chanced after 5k on it. Since the water methanol injection kit was installed @85k the engine is much healthier.

I do have an issue with the supercharger i bought with the SS pulley (i have two) - it had been installed incorrectly by the previous owner and it damaged the snout and the drive flange which in tern were badly repaired, again, before i got my hands on it. These two parts are currently being addressed but as soon as it ill have it fine tuned and get some numbers (i have mapped it myself see) but that was purely down to bad fitment.

Its at 11psi at the redline, so power could be anywhere between 240-280. All i can say is that it would absolutely destroy a stock compressor.

http://youtu.be/jkxgOhHN3bA

That sounds & goes sweet!!!!

Your car builds up speed quite quickly with may compressor i cant hear that sc wine however have replaced the lift bolts giving it

a stronger lift. How much did the engine modifications cost you?

also where did you go for these modifications?

You need an open cone filter to hear the whine :)

Lift comes on at 5 on the stock ECU, ive got it set at 4k on my EMS-4.

The cars been built by myself, ill probably be 3k into it once its finished.

• 2 weeks later...

My lift kicks in at 6250RPM till roughly 8250rpm im guessing this is standard for this model.

3k is abit steep for all the engine mods it would probabily be cheaper to install a 50-100bhp shot nitrous system in

there to make up for the performance gains for the price of about £800 what do you think about this?

Lift kicks in at 5k on all compressors mate. The NA TS kick in at 6200.

Youll blow the engine up with nitrous. Plus have you looked how expensive refils are - £75 for a 11lb bottle thatll last 8-10 1/4mile run.

Nothings cheep once you start modifying cars. Ill probably be close to 300bhp at 3k but its all built not bought. Probably be 8-9k if you paid a garage....

I have a compressor model it would appear to kick in at 6250 but then again you cant feel lift

on the compressor models as its supercharged.

You did good with the mods however alot of money for the gains thats the thing with the t-sport not

much scope for improvement without having to spend alot.

Running it on safe nitrous boost levels should keep maximise the air mixture reaction with nitrogen all it

does is burn much faster then oxygen.

Love the compressor models but you have to pay alot for little gains.

I can confirm every comp engages lift at 5k, its a fact.

What ecu will you run with nitrous - your looking at 1.5k there to not **** the engine on it.

300bhp on any 4 pot car, will be 3-6k minimum. Joys of modifying.

As you also have a compressor do you feel much lift on your compressor? Someone gave me a ride in there

t-sport and you could actually feel the lift engaging but cant really feel this with the compressor models.

Nitrous can be run on you r standard ecu as long as it is running safe limits this will be done by the experts who

install and supply this as i have been informed.

It kicks in at 5k but not like the TS's

Ive looked a nitrous several times. Even with my set up running what i have, youll probably blow the motor ESPECIALLY on the stock ECU.

I know these stock ECUs inside out

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi guys, I know this thread is a bit old now but am wondering if any of you may be able to help me.

i have got a Celica VVTLi with a Blitz supercharger kit. The Blitz compressor is exactly the same as the compressor used on the Corolla. 

Unfortunately, the pulley on my Blitz charger is worn and the sprung plate on the end of the pulley slips at high revs when engaged and actually causes sparks which definitely isn’t good. 

All parts for the Blitz kit were discontinued many years ago, probably around about 2006 time and nothing is available for them anymore.

With me really struggling to find a solution to this problem, I thought I would ask on here to see whether anyone knows somewhere I can locate a pulley off a Corolla compressor or if anyone has one spare for sale at all?

I really do hope that someone out there has one or knows where I can get one from.

Thanks guys, desperate times haha.

Oh, here’s some pictures of my pulley so you can see what’s going on 0D5D5FDA-23F0-4D85-A1DC-4C4FD176F526.thumb.jpeg.3b392fe7d3425509ee40b473839b4b63.jpeg

98911FB5-6E4A-453C-AA42-4F4B344D6B92.jpeg

12417CA6-F376-4173-B0B4-D478376FCCBE.jpeg

69DCDE4C-31A2-4635-ABF2-A3736E2559DD.jpeg

0FAEE173-1330-450A-A5E1-21212E94B17E.jpeg

C9392F18-D801-42C7-8997-23E663706BE8.jpeg

• 8 months later...
On 1/9/2019 at 1:27 PM, Cwoods03 said:

Hi guys, I know this thread is a bit old now but am wondering if any of you may be able to help me.

i have got a Celica VVTLi with a Blitz supercharger kit. The Blitz compressor is exactly the same as the compressor used on the Corolla. 

Unfortunately, the pulley on my Blitz charger is worn and the sprung plate on the end of the pulley slips at high revs when engaged and actually causes sparks which definitely isn’t good. 

All parts for the Blitz kit were discontinued many years ago, probably around about 2006 time and nothing is available for them anymore.

With me really struggling to find a solution to this problem, I thought I would ask on here to see whether anyone knows somewhere I can locate a pulley off a Corolla compressor or if anyone has one spare for sale at all?

I really do hope that someone out there has one or knows where I can get one from.

Oh, here’s some pictures of my pulley so you can see what’s going on 0D5D5FDA-23F0-4D85-A1DC-4C4FD176F526.thumb.jpeg.3b392fe7d3425509ee40b473839b4b63.jpeg

Hey Chris, This is what you need....

https://www.yachtboatparts.com/supercharger-kompressor-compressor-clutch-repair-assembly-3581724-replaces-old-nos-3581062-860786-8066-p.asp?fbclid=IwAR04GhdqqPTxprsefvVM0_GD8puTHdS7FttV8jXB1CMbERUjnCJR6ReIvpA

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2019 at 6:44 PM, Aamir2892 said:

Do Volvo sell a clutch similar to the Ogura one? What do they use it for, is it just the clutch part or the whole pulley?

Keep us updated and some pictures would be great!

On 1/9/2019 at 1:27 PM, Cwoods03 said:

On 9/21/2019 at 1:38 PM, Aamir2892 said:

On my Comp belt is 6PK 2040. All pulleys standard. 

Can’t really tell from the pictures, does that kit contains everything including a pulley? Standard Comp pulley is 100mm iirc.

On 9/19/2019 at 11:35 PM, alexcbx said: